Security Operations Manager
- Lloyds Bldg, 1 Lime St, Lime Street, London EC3M 7HA, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Security Operations Manager to join a Flagship site.
The purpose of this role is to provide strategic oversight and management of the contract to ensure the delivery of all service streams. This will involve relationship management of all key stakeholders, ensuring accurate and timely audit reporting of all security systems, management, and development of all Mitie staff and delivery of great customer service. This role will report directly to the Strategic Account manager.
· To act as a key point of contact between the various Mitie service streams and the client, while delivering the scope of services as per the contract
· To be fully conversant with the content of all AI’s and SOPs
· Keep all AIs SOPs and Risk Assessments updated and relevant
· Management of alarm monitoring and escalation of issues regarding the global estate
· Management of the Security Control Room (SCR) and Front of house (FOH) teams
· Management of Security Guarding services
· Overseeing the GSOC and Security systems services
· Identification and escalation of physical security risks
· Providing advice on security matters and solutions to key stakeholders, including the conduct of investigations
· Providing training and awareness to staff
· Assisting in the management of incidents and/or crises, including providing recommendations for enhanced security measures as appropriate
· Providing support to staff when dealing with the local authorities, particularly for incidents that have occurred on site
· Maintaining relationships with the local authorities
· Set out and implement an annual training plan.
· Ensure all security staff is appropriately licensed.
· All other reasonable requests from the client and/or Strategic Account Manager.
· Manage annual financial budget as set out by the client
· Plan and carry out annual Fire Evacuation, Internal Assembly and Live Security Exercise
· Excellent working knowledge of security systems and Tyco products in particular
· Demonstrable excellent technical skills in managing and exporting data to meet strict audit/client requirements
· Previous experience of managing audit processes and achieving excellent results
· At least 3 years’ experience of managing staff and conducting a wide range of HR processes (investigation, grievance and discipline handling)
· Demonstrate leadership and ability to motivate and coach staff to reach their full potential
· Be able to work on own initiative and take personal responsibility and ownership for all actions
· Demonstrate great customer service skills to engage with a range of key stakeholders
· Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
· Demonstrate attention to detail
· Experience of critical incident management
Demonstrate effective team working
Applicable Bachelors degree or above
CPP, PSP, or similar industry accreditations