Special Risks Engineer
- Portobello Rd, London, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
To work as a member of the Mitie Fire & Security Systems Special Risks Field service team, working closely with the Special Risks Manager and Service Desk to ensure best use of the field Engineering resource.
Ensure effective and efficient delivery of PPM, Reactive calls and additional Small Works assigned to them.
To ensure compliance with all Legal and Regulatory requirements.
To support the business Service strategy and to deliver the required customer service and financial performance.
- Carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of, Portable Fire Extinguishers, Fire Blankets, Fire Hose Reels, Fire Safety Signage and other related products to relevant legislative and Company’s qualitative standards.
- Where required will plan and organise own work programme to ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and organised way.
- Complete all appropriate documentation and records, in a timely fashion to the required standards.
- From time to time may be required to work outside of normal geographic Business Unit area to provide sickness, holiday and workload cover.
- Will actively attend and participate in any company initiated training and maintain an up to date knowledge of technical aspects of role.
- Shares technical and problem solving ability skills and knowledge with colleagues in the team.
- Complete and fully comply with the necessary Health & Safety training.
- Comply with all company procedures associated with Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental aspects of the role.
- Fully understand and comply with any site specific H & S requirements and/or training relevant to a site being worked on.
- Apply H & S legislation as it applies to own work, i.e. the need to personally assess risks prior to undertaking tasks and how to act based on that assessment.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment provided by the company as required and to take care of and request replacement equipment as needed.
- To take care of and carry out regular checks of any company allocated vehicle as defined in the Company Fleet Policy.
- Ensure adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- To be fully conversant and compliant with all Environmental Health and Safety procedures.
- To fully comply with all Quality, Environmental Health and Safety directives including but not limited to PPE, Accident Reporting, RAMS.
- Proven experience in a similar role carrying out PPM, reactive calls and Small Works in the Fire & Security Systems industry
- Hold a current Fire Extinguisher Technicians Full Course Certificate or a Fire Extinguisher Technisians Refresher Course Certificate.
- BAFE Diploma Certificate.
- Service test and inspection experience to the relevant standards/codes of practice
- High level of numeracy
- High level of literacy
- Assertiveness – ability to ensure that others meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy of work undertaken
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own with little supervision
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to accept responsibility for timely completion of workload
- Use of PDA in everyday working
- Microsoft Word - Basic
- Microsoft Excel - Basic
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.