- Long Hollow Way, Coddington, Newark NG24, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Duty Controller to join the Total Security Management Team; the Duty Controller will be based with one of our prestigious customers.
- Assisting with any queries directed at the Regional Security Control Room and escalating incidents / information received, ensuring all necessary communications are delivered efficiently and effectively to the correct people within the bank.
- Ensuring that consistent high standards of security, safety and customer care are delivered at all times to staff, assets and visitors on site.
- Ensure that all Regional Security Control Room functions are carried out in an auditable manner and assist the Training and Compliance Controller with consolidating audits in a presentable manner for daily, weekly and monthly audit targets and carrying out investigations.
- To be fully responsible for contractor access to SCB premises, including the process of gaining authorisations to restricted areas, issuing e-permits (once fully launched) and adding the correct access levels to contractor passes, including SCB Data centres and remote sites according to the relevant SOP’s and bank instructions.
- To be responsible to ensure that all steps of these processes are auditable for at least 3 years.
- Ensure that all alarms received by the RSCR are acknowledged, investigated and escalated as appropriate in accordance with Site Operational Procedures.
- Ensure that any staff termination notices are acted upon within the set times scales as per the Contract Service Level Agreement.
- To liaise directly with the Training and Compliance Controller, Security Manager and SCB Security regarding any Stop Orders required for high risk individuals.
- To carry out any training deemed necessary by the Training and Compliance Controller in order to comply to Service Level Agreements and to carry out RSCC functions more efficiently.
- To actively participate in any training, as deemed necessary by the Training and Compliance Controller, the Security Administrator, the Security Supervisors and the Contract Manager, regarding cross service development.
- To be actively involved in your own development and to complete any required training documentation within specified time frames.
- To liaise with the Security Administrator regarding the preparation of physical access cards required to be produced before planned contractors arrive on site.
- To Assist the Security Administrator and Training and Compliance Controller with running reports, requesting authorisations and other projects.
- To ensure that all access allocated to any access cards by the control room has been approved in accordance with SCB’s compliance standards and that the supporting evidence is retained in a simple and auditable format for at least 3 years.
- To check and administrate all security functions regarding e-work permits as per H&S - and SCB compliance standards.
- To assist Contractors coming to site in the process of using e-work permits and requesting the appropriate access to all areas of work on their behalf.
- To ensure that all contractor access has been approved prior to allocating access to their access cards.
- To liaise with the Loading Bay Security Officers according to the Contractor Access procedures for 1 Basinghall Avenue.
Assistance to Training and Compliance Controller
- To Assist the Senior Security and Communications Operative with regards to filling and logging all tasks as per Standing Operational Procedures in an 100% auditable manner.
- To Guide Security Officers and Supervisors regarding Standing Operating Procedures as means of quick reference.
- To ensure that your Staff Compliance file is up to date with all required documentation and signatures.
- To ensure that the Security Control Room Quality Assurance plan is updated every shift and that all anomalies are reported accordingly.
- To escalate any information received by the Regional Security Control Room as appropriate, according to VSG and SCB escalation procedures, within the set time scales.
- To complete thorough reports regarding incidents, to disseminate accordingly and to follow up regularly as required, until an incident is closed, keeping the required stakeholders informed as per escalation procedures.
- To Host and set up Bridge Calls as required by Business continuity planning.
- To debrief the Training and Compliance Controller and the Contract Manager fully at the end of each incident and to summarize all lessons learned and to be accountable for the actions by the Regional Security Control Room during your shift.
- To be responsible for the administration, issue and return of all keys and the management of adding keys and access to keys for cardholders in an auditable manner during your shift.
- To liaise with the Senior Security and Communications Operative, Contract Manager and the Security Supervisors regarding allocating key spaces in the key cabinet.
- To ensure integrity of the security systems is maintained and to report any faults accordingly.
- To be fully conversant with the Security systems’ functions required for you to effectively carry out your duties and to proactively use the monitoring tools to safeguard SCB’s Staff, Visitors, Goods and premises’.
- To comply with data protection guidelines regarding disclosure of personal and confidential information held on the security databases.
Other duties include
- To maintain a key element of the Regional Security Control Room function by utilising the technology available to ensure that as far as possible the building remains secure and that any suspicious activity is noted.
- To create and maintain relationships with other business service providers at site ensuring a seamless customer service from the bank’s Corporate Real Estate Services department is provided.
- To ensure that an effective handover takes place at shift change over periods and that all keys, equipment, checks and documentation are properly accounted
- Any other reasonable request in relation to the role.
- Previous experience of working in a control room environment
- Knowledge and experience of working with a range of security sytems, including access control systems.
- Be able to work on own initiative and take personal responsibility and ownership for all actions
- Demonstrate great customer service skills to engage with a range of SCB stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Experience of critical incident management
- Demonstrate effective team working
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable