Security Supervisor (Control Room)
- One Canada Square, London, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Security Supervisor to join the Total Security Management Team; the Security Supervisor will be based with one of our prestigious customers. This is a permanent role reporting into the Account Manager.
- Supervising a shift team in a global command centre monitoring CCTV, access control, global travel and other protective systems acting as first line response to all incidents, their management and escalation procedures
- Identify and escalate risks, threats, etc. which could have an impact on the client’s business
- Carry out supervisory administration of all routine tasks and operational procedures at all times and in times of emergency
- CCTV and access control systems quality control
- Maintain contact with both the client and Mitie Management in accordance with specific and routine instructions.
- Ensure shift team are managing alarms and incidents effectively, supporting the wider clients business where possible;
- Support EMEA & APAC offices to manage their responsibilities where relevant and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ensure team deliver exceptional customer service to all enquiries into the control room;
- Monitor global events and incidents via social media, news and client applications and oversee and action first alert and notification response.
- To support client to undertake regular audit of all security and other systems;
- To undertake ‘one off’ projects relating to the Control Room as directed by the client.
- To work with other service partners to ensure that equipment faults are reported quickly
- Regular 1-2-1 meetings to check objectives are being met with shift team and annual appraisal completion and review
- Deal effectively with under performance
- Security Systems knowledge and experience (CCTV and Access Control systems)
- Experience of supervising a team in a corporate environment
- Experience of supervising control room operations and emergencies situations
- A disciplined and professional attitude
- A disciplined and professional attitude
- Good administration skills
- Ability to work within established procedures and contribute positively to any improvements
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to delivering a high quality service
- Ability to liaise with others at all levels including Senior Management and customers’ clients
- Proficient and effective Communication Skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable