- Long Hollow Way, Coddington, Newark NG24, UK
Mitie has a great opportunity at Knowhow Newark. We are looking for an experienced Gatehouse/Security Officer to join the team on site. In the role you will take a lead role on site on a daily basis. This role is permanent and consists of a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (consists of a mix of both day and night shifts), pay rate of £9.03. You will report into our Service manager on site and the sites security operation’s manager.
- Report to the Security Supervisor on duty any actions or inaction's which may compromise safety.
- Take responsibility to keep updated on processes and procedures for both personal and the businesses protection/best interests.
- To react appropriately and promptly to incidents and report missing, damaged or unserviceable equipment to the relevant Manager on duty.
- Cover security on the Gatehouse and conduct booking in and booking out of vehicles as required, alongside searches as per guidelines and report hourly figures of vehicles in/out in a timely basis when covering on the Gatehouse.
- Conduct searches of personal motor vehicles (PMV) and lockers as per given guidance.
- Must have ability to use own discretion and remain tactful when dealing with incidents relating to security.
- Good verbal communication skills and a team work ethic.
- To be a SIA badge holder and pass a full security clearance prior to induction.
- Ensure arrive in full company uniform before the start of each shift and ensure the highest standards of dress and turnout, includes ensuring SIA badge is on person and visually displayed at all times.
- Maintain a healthy and safe place of work, ensuring all posts are in a clean and tidy condition.