Painter & Decorator, Glasgow
- Duchess Road, Rutherglen, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Planning and Organizing
• To carry out internal and external painting and decorating requirements as instructed by management
• To carry out preparation works to walls to make good ready for decoration.
• Minor repairs to surfaces and structures prior to decorating/painting.
• Undertake minor repair works
• To use all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works.
• Erecting of access equipment as required, with appropriate training and competency.
• Erection of all necessary access plant and temporary screening as and when required to protect the environment and people, all in accordance with current Health & Safety guidance.
• Use all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works.
• Monitor decorating material stock and request new stock as required.
• To undertake work in relation to all aspects of painting/decorating as required
• Respond in a timely manner to verbal, written and reactive tasks.
• Carryout out all painting and decorating to a high standard
• Provide support and input into projects as required.
• Notify your line manager of any complaints/discrepancies.
• Ensure all works are carried out within the approved budget.
• Ensure all painting and decorating equipment is best utilised and kept clean and reused where practical to avoid any unnecessary wastage.
• Ensure Time Sheets are completed correctly and are returned in a timely manner.
• Implement and follow local procedures as and when they are issued
• Liaising with site management and key personnel on building related issues
• Must hold a recognised qualification or have a minimum of 10 years checkable experience in Painting
• Preferable has served a recognised apprenticeship.
• Organised and able to meet deadlines.
• Must be self-motivated and be a team player.
• Conversant with relevant legislation and compliance issues
• Good knowledge of all aspects of Health and Safety
• Must be self-motivated and be a good motivator.
• Should have a “Can Do” approach and portray a positive attitude
• Must have good customer service skills
• Is capable of carrying out all duties associated with carrying out the role of painter/decorator
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any QHSE issues to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.