Systems Services Engineer
- Abbey Rd, Aberdeen AB11, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
If you are a talented and ambitious security services engineer, then we would love to hear from you. We currently have a number of fantastic opportunities to join our Fire and Security Systems Operational Field services team.
- Carry out PPM, reactive calls and Small Works on Fire & Security Systems within their region as required.
- Attendance on time and completion of certification to service level agreements.
- Service and repair various multi-disciplined security systems
- Complete all work following Health and safety requirements
- Identifying required parts and informing the service desk
- Where possible ensure repairs are fixed first time whilst providing regular updates to the Service Desk.
- Maintain local client relationships during installation works and providing regular updates to the client.
- Ensuring vehicle stock is maintained at optimum level and kept safe and secure at all times.
- Display a “can do attitude” with the ability to work independently.
- Carry out individual Engineer Vehicle / PPE / safety equipment & calibration checks in line with company policies.
- Be available for point of escalation for support and technical issues in and out of hours.
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security of self, team and others.
- To ensure compliance with the Company quality standards and safeguard the quality of operational delivery.
- Experience in an electronic security systems role to NSI standards.
- Technical ability to a high level and understanding a diverse range of electronic security systems.
- Highly competent in fault finding.
- Excellent communication skills with a positive attitude and level of professionalism.
- Relevant NVQ or electrical qualifications are desired.
- Hold a valid UK Driving licence.
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
- 40hrs core hours per week between 07:00-19:00
- 30 minutes unpaid lunch (to be taken between 12:00 and 14:00)
- 1 hour travel contribution (unpaid) per day
- Overtime rate of x1.5 after 40 hours worked Monday to Saturday
- Overtime rate of x2 for Sunday and Bank Holiday working
- On call standby allowance of £20 for Monday to Friday and £40 for Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holiday
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme (Government based) 5%
- Estate car with Private use allowed or Van without Private use allowed
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.