Building Services Engineer
- RWE Trigonos, Windmill Hill Business Park, Swindon, United Kingdom
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant proceedures
• Level of coustomer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Job objectives and responsibilities
• To undertake all building fabric activities, with repairs undertaken where necessary to achieve the highest level of service to the client in the most cost effective, technically competent and safe manner
• To provide support to the Management by ensuring all planned and reactive maintenance work is undertaken effectively and efficiently
• Pro-actively demonstrate and work to the Company’s values of People, Passion, Fresh Thinking and Exciting Futures
• Ensure self carries out duties in accordance with all Health and Safety procedures, Codes of Practice and Statutory Regulations
• Ensure all tasks are carried out to the highest standard of customer service and that work is completed on time, within budget and meets Service Level Agreements or Key Performance Indicators
• To monitor regular inspection procedures (preventative maintenance programme) of equipment. Record inspection reports
• To keep logs of inspection reports and remedial work
• Build effective relationships with the client, answering queries, keeping them informed about site activities and developments
• To have working knowledge of statutory regulations and to ensure awareness of all safety procedures
• To undertake building fabric repairs and installations as appropriate
• To report any defects at time of service visit
• To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
• To understand and comply with company policies and procedures
• To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
• To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
• To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
• To work additional hours in line with any reasonable request
• To be able to work both as an individual and as a team player
• Can demonstrate understanding of health and safety regulations. Understands the relevance of tool box talks, Permit to Work procedures and safe systems of working.
• Holds relevant professional qualifications – time served apprenticeship, C&G or equivalent
• Understands the administration and application of a PPM system
• Able to understand and act on both verbal and written instructions/procedures
• Computer literate
• Flexibility over working hours (may be required to work evenings and weekends to ensure work is co-ordinated / completed)
• Must have the capability to perform manual tasks, including manual handling, working at heights and in confined spaces.
• Must have good communication skills both verbal and written
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.