Engineer (Electrical Bias) - (Aberdeen Area)
- 375 Victoria Rd, Aberdeen AB11 9DB, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- To ensure that all equipment and services are maintained and operated in a safe condition to comply with Health & Safety.
- To monitor regular inspection procedures (preventative maintenance programme) of equipment. Record inspection reports.
- To keep logs of inspection reports and remedial work.
- To have working knowledge of statutory regulations and to ensure awareness of all safety procedures.
- To undertake electrical repairs and installations as appropriate.
- To report any defects at time of service visit.
- To carry out works specified.
- To be responsible for vehicle and materials on board.
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time.
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures.
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner.
- To carry out other tasks outwith electrical tasks that are within your competency.
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required.
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
***This is a static position, however at times you will be expected to provide cover in other area's of the contract including mobile if required.
- Full apprenticeship
- City and Guilds.
- 17th Edition Regulations (18th desirable)
- FGAS qualification, able to carry out basic A/C maintenance
- Experience in dealing with all types of electrical installation work
- Strong customer care focus
- Be proactive and capable of anticipating potential faults
- Experience and willingness to work on other trades (ex. minor plumbing/general fabric)
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and safe working practices
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.