- Mulberry Dr, Pontprennau, Cardiff, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- To drive a One Team approach for all technical and non technical activities
- Responsible for carrying out Vehicle, Technical and Compliance site audits
- Take a pro-active role in and engaging with clients, carrying out customer care to ensure they are satisfied with service delivery and improve across your portfolio
- To attend and fully participate in training activities as required
- To provide management information/reporting as required
- Arrange regular Team meetings and provide support and direction to successfully deliver vision
- Meet all timescales for reporting to both client and Mitie.
- Complete Training Matrix for Service engineers within your portfolio
- Collating engineer weekly paperwork returns/Maximo aduit
- Educating engineers on company & client procedures
- Spending time developing & supporting engineers
- PDA training & development with engineers
- Assisting on two man jobs
- Proactivily providing engineer cover out in the field when required
- Reviewing site access issues
- Gathering information for investigations
- Ensure all Subcontractor RAMS for non quoted works are fully reviewed
- Ensure engineer RAMS are submitted to clients & landlords where applicable
- Daily review of engineers plans
- Monthly assignment of PPM look ahead
- Weekly WIP review meeting with planning team.
- To drive & encourage 100% PDA usage
- React to all duties as directed by the operations manager .
- Organizing call out rota’s
- Ordering of materials for engineers
- Ordering Access Equipment
- Organise calibration of engineers equipment
- Ordering new starters uniform & equipment
- Follow the MITIE Group policies and procedures at all time in relation to health and safety ensuring apparent deficiencies in systems of work, equipment provided, or training are reported to your Line Manager.
- To pro-actively demonstrate and work to the Company’s values
- Carry out any other reasonable duties requested by your Line Manager or the client
- Good communicator at all levels having the ability to present to a diverse audience
- City & Guilds technical qualification desirable (AC,electrical,Combustion,Fabrication)
- Proven People Management, Customer Focus and Service Skills.
- Good IT skills essential for the role, Word/Excel/PowerPoint/SharePoint sites
- Must be able to complete an Enhanced Disclosure in line with the Contract requirements.
- Must have a full UK driving licence (max 6 points)
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.