Small Works Manager
- Kirkhill Pl, Aberdeen AB21, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
The role will be based in the North East (around Aberdeen/Dundee area) reporting to our North Contract Manager.
- Develops, in conjunction with our client, the scope of the small works.
- Ensures that all Small Works are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality & regulative standards
- Ensures the Small Works is effectively resourced and manages relationships with a wide range of groups
- Identify and highlight any risks, ensure that these are eliminated at the first instance. If unable to eliminate, the risk should be mitigated and escalated within management and with our client.
- Communicate effectively at all times with everyone affected by the Small Works, in particular the client.
- Liaise daily with line manager.
- Review all finances on small works to ensure that they are on track
- Attend and takes notes of any meetings relevant to the Small Works, either on site or in offices.
- Develop & maintain working programme & schedules
- Managing all deliverable's in line with the Small Works plan.
- Update the Work Instruction tracker, ensuring all comments are relevant and in line with client expectations
- Recording and managing any issues and escalating where necessary.
- Resolving cross-functional issues at small works level.
- Managing small works scope and ensure changes are control.
- Monitor & Report small works progress and performance.
- Knowledge and understanding of the CDM regulations
- Good understanding of Health & Safety and best practice
- Must have the attributes to represent Mitie with professionalism, integrity and honesty at all times.
- Substantial experience of managing Small Works and the staff / operatives / sub-contractors working on it.
- Pro-active good at planning ahead as far as possible as the project progresses, checking back to plans/programmes regularly
- Strong sense of achievement; able to drive actions forward, expects good standards of work and able to overcome barriers/ solve problems.
- Organised, good at time management and prioritisation of work
- Reliable, punctual and responsible
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.