Crime and Security Intelligence Manager
- Pavilion Dr, Northampton NN4, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
To deliver results from the crime and security analysis team that meets or exceeds the service delivery requirements through full responsibility and accountability for:
- To ensure the delivery of reliable intelligence which highlights any potential crime and security threats to the client whilst proactively driving the resource to risk model and in turn contributing to creating a safe and secure environment.
- The delivery of an industry leading intelligence centre that provides strategic direction and support to both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Instil an intelligence sharing culture both internally and externally in order to maximise any potential return of investment to the client
- Lead the crime and security analysis team through the efficient deployment of people, equipment, systems and other available resources.
- Provide the highest standards of intelligence to influence key decision makers internally and within our law enforcement partners
- Knowledge of the retail market
- An excellent working knowledge of all processes and procedures associated with a manned Security Operations Centre (SOC) including incident response, CCTV monitoring, remote access, and key-holding
- Operating experience of industry standard integrated security solutions (CCTV, Access Control, Alarm Management
- Experienced in achieving SLAs, identifying gaps against standards, and implementing improvement solutions
- Previous achievement of performance targets and driving performance through utilising metrics
- Excellent report-writing and analytical skills with sharp attention to detail
- Flexibility in working hours
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Confident and professional working approach and appearance
- Strong customer service, client focused attitude with the ability to build good working relationships
- Resilient and tenacious with a ‘can do’ approach
- Delegate and co-ordinate the workload, liaising with all key stakeholders to ensure targets are achieved within the correct timescales.
- Ensure workflow is monitored and controlled within the team to ensure capacity is high and downtime, duplication and wasted effort are minimised.
- Work collaboratively with other support functions as appropriate to ensure a workflow that is effective and delivers the right output within the right timescales
- Ensure all delegates comply with all GDPR, Company and Client quality standards and any appropriate UK legislation.
- Drive the analysis team to actively identify POI’s and OCG’s that propose a threat to the client and provide end to end case management with the objective of securing criminal convictions and custodial sentences.
- Ensure that all intelligence and evidence gathered is presented to both the client and the relevant law enforcement partners to assist the successful prosecution of prolific and persistent offenders.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to the National Store Detective Manager (NSDM) to assist the proactive deployment of the store detective provision which is based upon both intelligence and identified risk.
- Be able to project manage and implement new business initiatives as instructed by internal key stakeholders and actively network with other external working groups when required.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as designated by the client or Account Director within set time frames and to the quality required
- By leading the crime and security, to ensure incident management, live monitoring and other core tasks are completed in line with all agreed SLA’s.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of all systems in use, enabling the team to respond appropriately to any signals or messages received and guide the team to do the same
- Advocate and promote the Mitie brand and actively participate in the success of all company strategies.
- To build, lead, retain and support in the development of a team that believe and demonstrate through their work that Mitie is different to other Security service providers through:
- ·Proactively manage the team to ensure high levels of performance and attendance including, MiReviews and KPI setting and review through the delivery of a robust coaching and mentoring culture
- Managing, leading and supporting the crime and security analysis team, ensuring their continuous development through monthly/periodic reviews and annual appraisals.
- Identifying any skills gaps within the team and deliver any necessary up-skill and performance improvement in line with company policy and procedure.
- In conjunction with the CDM ensure the delivery of the Mitie company induction, initial assessment and comprehensive training to all newly appointed security personnel.
- Identify the need for and support in the implementation of personal development plans as identified
- Coach and develop team members by analysing data supplied by SMART technology to assist in delivering the operational resource to risk model
- Take active steps to maintain communication and recognise achievement and develop the Mitie Community
- Engage with all appropriate recruitment agencies, actively manage and monitor establishment levels to ensure service delivery expected by the client.
- Liaise with the HR management team to ensure all issues with regards to grievance and discipline are dealt with in accordance to company policy.
- Ensuring behaviours and situations that endanger the health and safety and well-being of colleagues are identified and rectified in a timely manner in line with company policies.
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
Note: This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. A more detailed job description will be available at interview should you be successful in your application. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.