Client Contract Accountant
- Unit 11, Britannia Road, Bristol, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Management of Contracts
- Manage the Profit and Loss for a portfolio of contracts/clients through regular, accurate and comprehensive reviews of GP performance on a monthly basis. Including a review of revenue and costs
- Calculate invoice values for client portfolio where they fall outside OTC process
- Liaising with Billing team to ensure scheduled work billed as required
- Ensuring WIP and PO’s managed and reported accurately
- Establish strong working relationships with KAM’s ensuring business knowledge is shared allowing for greater understanding of financial impact and recognition of potential financial opportunities
- Attend all contract performance review calls that are relevant to the client portfolio
Provision of accurate and timely management information
- Month end reporting and commentary
Additional duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting with financial order management where required and providing cover for scheduled billing requirements
- Supporting other team members where necessary
Part qualified or studying (AAT, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
Keen interest in understanding business and its contracts and identifying opportunities for improvments
IT Literate with a strong knowledge of MS Excel
Good written, verbal and presentational skills, adept at problem solving
High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Proven ability to prioritise workloads
The ability to work within a team and individually
Problem solving an analytical skills
Previous experience within a business partnering role would be adventagous
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.