Head of Quality and Audit
- London Bridge, London SE1 9RA, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- Key member of the Mitie Quality Council;
- Ownership of key quality systems, driving compliance and continuous improvement;
- Partner with and support site based teams and provide guidance and expertise, including during audit preparation and follow up actions, change programs, significant investigations;
- Work with site management to ensure services and processes are fully GMP compliant;
- Ownership of quality and audit metrics and reporting in relation to the GSK account;
- Design and maintain Quality Management Plan for GSK FM;
- Ensure full training compliance achieved through oversight of the management of skills analysis, training matrices and instructor led training by site management teams;
- Manage a team of 3-5 direct reports
- Act as a key point of contact for GSK Quality teams;
- Act as chair for Mitie Quality Council providing UK & Ire quality performance
- Monitor My Learning completion by all site based teams;
- Develop and maintain 52 week audit planner for all GSK manufacturing sites in UK and Ireland;
- Complete on site audits with site management – scheduled and unannounced;
- Where required, provide support and / or lead RCA for quality non-conformity's;
- Take ownership of actions following audits and CAPAs to ensure recommendations are followed through and non-conformity's are rectified and re-audited;
- Provide leadership and coach site based management and quality teams;
- Support in the recruitment and coaching of suitably qualified people to ensure ongoing compliance and site safety;
- Share best practices and lessons learned between site teams at all GSK manufacturing sites; to promote continuous improvement
- Degree qualified (Chemistry, Microbiology, Production, Mechanical, Process, Industrial, or Electrical or equivalent) ;
- Lead Auditor qualifications essential;
- Evidence of continual professional development;
- Knowledge of GMP, GLP, QMS, scientific services, Lean and Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement highly desirable;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements;
- Good analytical skills;
- Experience in pharmaceutical/medical device or highly regulated industries a distinct advantage (operations, technical or quality);
- Ability to focus a team on quality systems thinking and right first time;
- Excellent communicator;
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.