- Guild St, Aberdeen AB11, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 53,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Job Objectives & Responsibilities
- To protect our customer’s property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance with the sites published Assignment Instructions (AI’s) and any subsequent changes.
- Delivering results that meet and / or exceed the Key performance indicators / Service Level Agreement for the customer through full responsibility and accountability, providing a service that aids in the retention of the contract.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development.
- To be aware of and ensure compliance with all aspects of policies and relevant legal and regulatory requirements as directed by the Security Account Manager and in accordance with UK Law and Guidance bodies.
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all of the tasks and duties on site as defined within the published Assignment Instructions (AI’s).
- Proactively refer to and review the published Assignment Instructions, thus familiarising oneself with any changes in order to suggest additional amendments that will improve or enhance the current level of service.
- To be compliant with Industry and Statutory Legislation (you are required to obtain a front-line licence in either Security Guarding or Door Supervision), which must be worn at all times whilst carrying out your duties. The Customer also requires a CCTV PSS SIA Licence. There are also additional courses that are contracturally required.
- Comply with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Follow instructions and procedures appropriately without unnecessarily challenging authority
- Work in a systematic, methodology and orderly way.
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all required competency training.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development as directed by the Security Account Manager.
- Use technology to achieve key work objectives and develop job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development.
- You are required to ensure you renew your licence 16 weeks before expiry.
Security and Health & Safety
- Look out for, and to immediately report, any Health & Safety hazards, or potential hazards, on site.
- Stay alert to any threats or changes within the work environment in order to take the appropriate action to reduce the chance of disruption, loss or damage.
- Use common sense and initiative by immediately involving others if a situation appears to become threatening.
- To maintain professional conduct in the face of difficult situations and challenging customers
- Complete an accurate, detailed notebook entry as soon as possible after any incident, which can then be used as part of the Incident Report process.
- Keep to schedules and demonstrate commitment to Mitie and the Client.
- To ensure check calls are being carried out at the allocated time slot as stipulated in the Assignment Instructions (AI’s).To call emergency services and Communication Centre to report all incidents.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills coupled with a smart appearance.
- Be able to provide excellent knowledge of your previous 5 year employment/education history. Any Unemployment must be verifiable through the Job Centre. Any self-employment must be verifiable through an accountant.
- Be able to undergo a disclosure process.
- Hold SIA accreditation licence
- Providing excellent customer service
- Patrol Duties
What we offer in return
- £9.15 based on 42 hour week.
- Enhanced rates for public holiday working.
- Inclusion into our generous bonus scheme.
- Staff Discount Card.
- Excellent paid training including a varied matrix covering the following subjects: World Host, Emergency Planning College, CIEH fire, CIEH Health and Safety, First Aid, Environmental aspects and Diversity.
- Benefits and Career Opportunities with our Parent company.