- Long Hollow Way, Coddington, Newark NG24, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 53,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Job Objectives & Responsibilities
- To protect our customer’s property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance with the sites published Assignment Instructions (AI’s) and any subsequent changes.
- Delivering results that meet and / or exceed the Key performance indicators / Service Level Agreement for the customer through full responsibility and accountability, providing a service that aids in the retention of the contract.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development.
Candidates must hold a valid SIA licence and pass a full security clearance.
The Security Officer provides the security front line to the organisation, conducting daily searches of the premises and remaining vigilant throughout. This role involves delivering physical security measures and following strict guidance and procedures when a security risk is detected.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out employee searches on the Arches upon shift arrival/departure in the warehouses; following guidance and complying with company policies when is necessary to conduct personal searches, reporting hourly figures of employees searched.
Officers will cover gatehouse duties, reporting hourly figures of vehicles in/out in a timely basis and conduct daily patrols of the site, reporting immediately any findings of stock/abnormal behavior to the Security Supervisor on duty.
Locker and vehicle searches are to be conducted daily and the Officer will be expected to contribute to the service delivery in line with the company values.
Security and Health & Safety
- Look out for, and to immediately report, any Health & Safety hazards, or potential hazards, on site.
- Stay alert to any threats or changes within the work environment in order to take the appropriate action to reduce the chance of disruption, loss or damage.
- Use common sense and initiative by immediately involving others if a situation appears to become threatening.
- To maintain professional conduct in the face of difficult situations and challenging customers
- Complete an accurate, detailed notebook entry as soon as possible after any incident, which can then be used as part of the Incident Report process.
- Keep to schedules and demonstrate commitment to Mitie and the Client.
- To ensure check calls are being carried out at the allocated time slot as stipulated in the Assignment Instructions (AI’s).To call emergency services and Communication Centre to report all incidents.
- Previous Security Experience
- SIA License
4 on 4 off (mixed days and nights)
Benefits: Holiday, Pensions, SIA licence renewal, Uniform/ongoing training / Refer a friend scheme and other company benefits