- Talbot Way, Birmingham B10, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity for a VSOC Controller to join the Total Security Management Team; the VSOC Controller will be based with one of our prestigious customers site.
The Security Operations Centre (VSOC) is staffed twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week. The SOC Operator is responsible for using best practices to identify, analyze, and support all incidents that are either impactful or potentially impactful to business, the brand and or employees. This position is responsible for using best practices for communicating information surrounding those incidents to leadership as appropriate. The SOC Operator will monitor cameras and alarms, dispatch associated calls via telephone and radio, operate access control technology, and provide general assistance to both employees and guests.
Pay rate: £9.67
Shifts: 4 on 4 off across days, nights and weekends. Days 07:30 – 19:30; Nights 1930 - 0730.
- Answering routine and emergency calls, monitoring alarms and video equipment including fire alarms, door alarms, and duress alarms and provides general assistance to both employees and guests.
- Dispatch security officers, Engineers, facilities, police, fire as required via telephone.
- Maintain various records of communications and events.
- Use multiple internal and external resources to gather and manage information and intelligence about events that are occurring both domestically and internationally that may impact Client.
- Communicate and disseminate information, using established communication vehicles, to key partners using best practices.
- Act as a liaison between all departments and the Physical Security Department.
- Escalate (without delay) complaints and unusual/critical event information to SOC Supervisor.
- Inform (without delay) the SOC Supervisor of any missing, damaged, or inoperative equipment or communications, alarm, CCTV, or other systems
- Proactively monitor all surveillance cameras and CCTV remote viewer programs. Monitor and respond to all security and safety system alarms.
- Answer and respond to events and situations received over regular and emergency phones and intercoms.
- Direct response/patrolling security officers to attend incidents and help co-ordinate situations with the Manager
- Security Guarding front line SIA licence;
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Remain calm and professional under stress.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership.
- Able to work nights, days and weekends as per the roster
- Must have a 10 year checkable history as per BS7858
- Must successfully pass a Security Clearance check
- CCTV front line SIA licence
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency.
- Customer Service trained
- CCTV operation
- Alarm systems
- Acess/egress control
- Incident reporting/report writing
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.