Security Officer (Retail Relief)
- The Mall W, Armagh, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Reporting to the Operations Manager the Full time security officer will be responsible for (but not limited to) creating a safe, secure and trusted visual security deterrent for all colleagues, clients and customers. internal and external premises patrolling, personnel hands off bag searches and any other security support required to meet the needs of the business
- The Security Officer will remain vigilant and present a welcoming atmosphere to staff and visitors entering site (Meet and greet role)
- Is to have a comprehensive working knowledge of assignment instructions complete with all current amendments and temporary additions, writing of incident reports and written recording of information.
- The Security Officer is to be thoroughly conversant with telephone, alarm, IT systems, CCTV and any other systems or equipment used in the course of their duties.
- The Security Officer will ensure that proper clear written entry is made in the DOB when he/she is going on break and back from break.
- Is to detect and prevent any occurrences that may lead to loss by fire, flood, plant failure, theft, vandalism or any other form of crime.
- The reporting line of the Security Officer is direct to the Site Supervisor and dedicated support or help desks.
- The Security Officer is to assist the on-site client during emergency at which time; their role will be as directed by the on-site client
- Is to detect and prevent situations that may lead to accident or personal injury and to ensure that any such situation is promptly reported.
- Respond to requests for assistance
- The security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Door Supervision or Security Guarding License (Essential)
- The security officer should be able to work on own initiative
- Retail Security experience (Essential)
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal
- It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
- Understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.