- Kirkgate Centre, Bradford, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Cleaner to join the Total Security Management Team; the Cleaner will be based with one of our prestigious customers. This is a permanent role reporting into the Cleaning Supervisor.
Various shifts 25 hrs per week
- Ensure the contract service delivery is of a high standard, meeting all SLA agreements whilst adhering to the cleaning schedules.
- To undertake successfully all training required to deliver the cleaning role.
- Individuals will be required to work within a team and can work under their own initiative.
- Adhere to all Mitie Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain the designated area to an agreed level of cleanliness in line with the Contract and relevant SLA’s, carrying out all daily, weekly and periodic tasks as directed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- Ensure that the service is delivered effectively and efficiently to a high standard.
- To ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order.
- To have a full knowledge and understanding of the designated cleaning area, including the agreed work specification and time allocated to facilities.
- To have a full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used by Mitie.
- To build positive and productive working relationships with all customers, delivering excellent customer service and seeking ways to continuously improve and exceed expectations.
- Be open and honest.
- Be self-driven and determined.
- Strive for continuous improvements in service delivery.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Previous cleaning experience is desired however training is provided.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.