Deputy Duty Security Manager
- Sunbridge Rd, Bradford, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Duty Security, you will be in a senior role working within a busy shopping centre.
Some of your duties will include
- Manage the staff on all assignments to ensure that the operational delivery of the service is maintained to the highest standards and to the complete satisfaction of the clients
- Any complaints must be brought to the attention of the Regional Manager, logged in accordance with the quality system and remedied in a timely and effective manner
- Monitor labour turnover, absenteeism and performance standards and recruit staff to ensure that retention is greater than 75%
- Ensure that staff comply with Health and Safety requirements in all aspects of their work
- Maintain accurate and up to date Assignment Instructions and review annually, security officers should be assessed to ensure their understanding and compliance (all instructions must be signed as having been read and understood)
- Excellent client relationship management and influencing skills
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and lead by example
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Experience in retail preferred but not essential
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.