Security Officer (Retail Relief)
- Greenbank Cres, Aberdeen AB12, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Relief Security Officer to join the Total Security Management Team.
Relief Security Officers must be available to cover various shift patterns as well as being flexible in their approach to working locations and potential changes to working patterns.
It is essential that you have a valid UK drivers licence along with access to a vehicle.
- The relief security officer will demonstrate their character as determined, trustworthy, attentive and approachable at all times when welcoming clients and customers – ensuring ID badges are created, allocated and collected when appropriate.
- As the first point of contact for to all customers and clients, the Security Agents must have geographically aware of their local surroundings.
- Travel to various retail client sites to cover sickness, holiday and provide support to the core team when required.
- Must be able to man the phones, emails, IT systems, CCTV and Alarms, Doors and Car park if need be.
- The relief security officer must spot and stop all suspicious sightings or potential criminal activity and retain full control until the arrival of emergency services.
- Report to the Security Operations Manager – they must record, report and escalate all sightings and arrests on a regular basis.
- Locking / Unlocking site.
- Any other requests as communicated by MITIE and as agreed with client personnel.
- The relief security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- The relief security officer should be able to work on own initiative.
- Retail Security experience.
- Ability to travel to various sites.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
- A Full UK Driving licence is required.
- Ability to make own way to and from various sites.
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.