Security Officer / City Host
- Well St, Bradford BD1, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 53,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
To provide an instantly recognizable City Host service by patrolling the BID area daily and in accordance with prescribed patrol techniques. To improve the visitor experience and manage security & footfall with the aim of making the city center a place people enjoy visiting, thus increasing revenue to BID members. To visit BID business members on a daily basis, whilst also providing a high-quality visitor support service. In addition, the City Host will be expected to provide basic First Aid and support all security provision including the use of the City Center Beat radio & associated systems, assistance with missing & vulnerable persons and other services as dictated by operational matters arising.
Job Objectives & Responsibilities
- To protect our customer’s property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance with the sites published Assignment Instructions (AI’s) and any subsequent changes.
- Delivering results that meet and / or exceed the Key performance indicators / Service Level Agreement for the customer through full responsibility and accountability, providing a service that aids in the retention of the contract.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development.
- Provide a presentable and highly visible meet & greet information service to visitors to the city centre
- Maintain a professional, friendly and helpful service at all times
- Attend regular team meetings and business crime reduction meetings
- Patrol on foot in accordance with a zoned patrol system
- Work with Police, CCTV and other partners to assist in the reduction of stock loss and antisocial behaviour
- Respond to calls for assistance from BID businesses where possible
- Assist in the completion of recording and reporting offences
- Promote membership of the City Centre Crime reduction partnership
- Provide events, festival and other BID support, which may require changes to standard rotas
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all required competency training.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development as directed by the Security Account Manager.
- Use technology to achieve key work objectives and develop job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development.
- You are required to ensure you renew your licence 16 weeks before expiry.
Security and Health & Safety
- Look out for, and to immediately report, any Health & Safety hazards, or potential hazards, on site.
- Stay alert to any threats or changes within the work environment in order to take the appropriate action to reduce the chance of disruption, loss or damage.
- Use common sense and initiative by immediately involving others if a situation appears to become threatening.
- To maintain professional conduct in the face of difficult situations and challenging customers
- Complete an accurate, detailed notebook entry as soon as possible after any incident, which can then be used as part of the Incident Report process.
- Keep to schedules and demonstrate commitment to Mitie and the Client.
- To ensure check calls are being carried out at the allocated time slot as stipulated in the Assignment Instructions (AI’s).To call emergency services and Communication Centre to report all incidents.
- Be a forward-thinking person with a positive attitude who is willing to go the extra mile, demonstrating the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- Capable of foot patrols around Bradford City Center, for the majority of an 8-hour shift.
- Confident in verbal and written communication.
- Happy to give support, guidance and advice to Members of the Public if required.
- SIA door supervisor licence essential.
- Knowledgeable of Bradford City Centre (roads, shops, landmarks etc.).
Benefits: Holiday, Pensions, SIA licence renewal, Uniform/ongoing training / Refer a friend scheme and other company benefits