- Wellheads Terrace, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Fork Lift Operator- Fixed term contract, £9.25 per hour
To safely unload various tools, equipment and materials from shipping containers and move to warehouse storage racks using mechanical aids, 15 Tonne fork lift trucks and safe manual handling techniques. Additional tasks include General housekeeping, Labouring within the warehouse and bulk stock handling.
- Receive, record and store equipment and materials from company, client and third parties observing product specifications, Quality, HS&E and all relevant industry standards
- Prepare and record equipment and materials for delivery to clients and third parties
- Prepare documentation in line with company legislation policies and procedures
- Maintain and be responsible for the housekeeping of the work area
- To ensure all work is undertaken in a safe manner and in line with company health and safety guidelines/policies
- Assessing each task on commencement of working on each component and taking decision to stop or carry on with allocated in line with Health and Safety guidelines/legislation
- Competent in the operation of Forklifts and Cranes
- Awareness and competent in mechanical handling (LOLER), Manual handling and associated HS&E activities
- Awareness of statutory (e.g. HASAWA and COSHH) and organisational requirements and ensuring that policies and procedures related to this are adhered to
- A good understand of HSE related legislation
Experience and Competence
- Must possess current 15 T forklift licence
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be able to prioritise own workload
- Manual handling training
- Risk assessment training
Skills & Knowledge
- Good driving skills
- Understanding the road traffic rules and regulations
- Time management skills
- Organisational Skills
- Conducting basic maintenance checks
- Checking all relevant equipment
- Past experience in an oil field related environment
- Self motivated, with ability to work unsupervised
- Flexible & approachable
- Ability to work as part of a team towards achieving shared objectives.
- Respect confidentiality at all times
- Able to generate innovative ideas and solutions to problems
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- Customer focus
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.