Custody Healthcare Professional (Kidderminster)
- Habberley Rd, Kidderminster, UK
Care & Custody HCPs are RGNs or Paramedic who are qualified Healthcare Professionals working in partnership 14 National Police Forces, to pro-actively reduce re-offending.
Our teams are developed with accredited training and career path opportunities in a trailblazing "Nurse Led" service.
We deliver 1st class forensic medical services into police custody suites across the UK and are looking for exceptional people to join our teams.
Custody Healthcare Professional
Warwickshire/West Mercia Police - (Based at either Kidderminster or Worcester - to cover 2 sites)
£34,000 per annum
42 Hours per week.
24-hour service delivered as 12hour shifts starting 7am & 7pm
Rolling shift pattern of 4 on 4 off.
This role would suit HCP's with experience in A & E, Emergency Care, Triage, Acute or High Dependency Unit or other Primary Care setting.
Using your primary care experience, you’ll be able to assess the difference between an uncooperative detainee, a patient lacking medication or a vulnerable adult with a mental health condition.
The role includes:
- Assessment & care of detainees, victims and staff in custody suites.
- Promoting drug rehabilitation therapies whilst in custody
- Healthcare promotion & self-harm reduction
- Signposting to support the reduction of reoffending
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments
- Record Keeping
- Forensic sampling
To join our team and deliver the exceptional every-day, please apply.
Essential to the role:
- Must have Right to Work in the UK
- Have been continuously resident in the UK for the previous 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- A full UK driving license (manual only)
- Registered Paramedic or Registered General Nurse or Dual qualified RGN / RMN with a minimum of 2 years post-qualifying experience.
- Active PIN & full membership of the HCPC (Paramedic), or NMC (RGN) with no restriction on practice.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Willingness to develop skill set with forensic training
- Flexibility to move across sites as required
In return for your dedication and commitment we offer:
- On-going accredited CPD with Teesside University.
- Forensic Licentiate for career progression.
- Structured career paths in a Nurse Led Service with fast track opportunities for exceptional team members.
- Mitie Group benefits package including pension schemes, private medical cover, share schemes and discount scheme with 1000’s of offers available from retailers, leisure and utilities companies.