- Kirkhill Pl, Aberdeen, UK
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
To supervise a team of technicians, sub-contractors and any other specialists attending the client’s premises, to achieve the highest level of service to the buildings’ occupants in the most cost effective, technically competent and safe manner
To provide support to the Regional Contract Manager in the efficient use of labour and materials by co-ordinating all planned and reactive maintenance work across designated portfolio of premises
To maximise the efficiency of the engineering workforce
To work with the Regional Contract Manager/Service Desk to maintain an excellent Aged Job and PPM profile
To ensure that any Subcontractors are working to the highest safety standards.
To work alongside the Work Force Planners and Supply Chain Co-ordinators to ensure all tasks are planned in efficiently, and access arrangements are in place
Ensure all statutory and mandatory PPM’s are completed as per the contracts requirements, with correct certification submitted.
To manage minor works and additional contract revenue opportunites.
Acitively promote the use of handheld technology for all operatives
To carry out site and vehicle inspections as required
Ensure all operatives and sub contractors are security cleared
To ensure that all TBT/WSHS are completed and certification of Engineers is in date and regularly checked
Organising overtime working
To work with the Regional Contract Manager to produce quotations in timely manner
- Monitoring of Sickness Absence using the Bradford Factor Scoring system
Ensure self and team carry out duties in accordance with all Health and Safety procedures, Codes of Practice and Statutory Regulations
Ensure all tasks are carried out to the highest standard of customer service and that work is completed on time, within budget and meets Service Level Agreements or Key Performance Indicators
Undertake supervision, coaching, support and development for team members
Day to day management of relevant employees including conduct, performance, attendance and capability. Taking the necessary and appropriate actions to address any inappropriate behaviour or low standards, with the support and advice of HR.
Build effective relationships with the client, answering queries, keeping them informed about site activities and developments
Identify opportunities for, and then organise and manage to completion, any additional works in accordance with any repair and replacement contractual requirements
Act as the primary point of contact for all Customer queries
Monitor, co-ordinate and manage services provided by specialists and/or sub-contractors
Undertake scheduled audits on the performance of the subcontractors to ensure their performance continues to provide the best value-for-money service
Ensure compliance for all necessary Permit to Work Systems
Assist in the implementation of improvements to procedures and systems, making recommendations as appropriate
Adopt a pro-active approach to the management of all energy an environmental issues in line with the contract requirements
To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
To understand and comply with policies and procedures
To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
Ensure self and team comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
Educated to a minimum of ONC level or equivalent (HNC level or equivalent preferred)
Can demonstrate understanding and leading by example for health and safety. Understands the relevance of tool box talks and safe systems of working.
Holds relevant professional qualifications (e.g. mechanical, electrical, building services, air conditioning/refrigeration) – minimum standard C&G level III or equivalent
Holds relevant Health & Safety qualifications. (Training will be provided where necessary)
Understands the administration and application of a PPM system
Able to understand and act on both verbal and written instructions/procedures
Flexibility over working hours (may be required to work evenings and weekends to ensure work is co-ordinated / completed), may be be required to provide back up cover on the standby and call out duties as and when required. Will be required to be on the escalation rota
- Supervisory experience in a similar role is essential