- Yorkshire Way, Armthorpe, Doncaster DN3, UK
We are the award-winning catering business delivering distinctive café, restaurant and hospitality services to corporate clients across the UK & Ireland with a particular focus on the application of market-leading consumer technology and wellbeing programmes. Key contracts include Sky, LinkedIn, Burberry, Rolls-Royce and Vodafone. We also own Creativevents; the exhibition and special events catering business which names Royal Ascot, Olympia Exhibition Centre and RHS Chelsea Flower Show amongst our prestigious client portfolio.
Do you have a passion for bringing food and people together? Are you looking for a rewarding job with great opportunities for personal development, whilst also working sociable hours?
We are currently recruiting for a Chef Manager to join our wonderful team in Doncaster working Monday to Friday only on a permanent basis with a salary of up to £25,000.
JOB OBJECTIVES AND ROLE SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Implement and maintain Gather & Gather’s standards for food production, development and chef behaviours on site
- Cash control, weekly banking, GP control and forecasting
- Menu planning, ordering, stock control and wastage management
- Create staff rotas and manage day to day staff HR issues or requests
- Deliver craft-based training and mentoring to the site based team
- Drive sales and profitability through implementing both individual and food-team initiatives
- Ensure our teams work in clean, safe and compliant working environments.
- Put into practice and bring to life the FOOD ideals for chefs at every level of the business
- Ensure standards for food presentation set out in the ‘Food Styling Guide’ are maintained at all times
- Support sales activities, new contract openings, external / internal client events and industry events
- Manage the interview and appointment of all site team members
- Ensure food policy and strategy in areas such as allergen management are implemented and followed and food safety is proactively managed across the business.
- Attend operations meetings and central chef team meetings as required.
- Attend client meetings as and when required and support proactive client relationships.
- A strong communicator, who can easily interact with customers, clients, team members and senior management
- Diligent, committed and with a desire to continually learn and improve
- Proactive with a positive attitude
- Punctual and a good time keeper
- A natural leader
- A team player with the ability to motivate, encourage and inspire others
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to bring creativity and flair into the everyday
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY & EXPERIENCE
- Technically proficient and qualified to an industry-recognised standard
- Level 3 Food Hygiene qualified as a minimum
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrate excellence, breadth of experience and relevant work history across a range of environments
- Advanced numeracy skills, financially aware and able to work within budget
- Good oral and written language skills
- Good presentation skills
- Solid understanding of the requirements menu and kitchen management within different operational and commercial contractual models
For more information about Gather and Gather check out our website - https://www.gatherandgather.com/
We can't wait to hear from you. Apply online now!
Please note as we receive a high number of applications to all our roles, we are unable to respond to all unsuccessful candidates.