- Yorkshire Way, Armthorpe, Doncaster DN3, UK
We are the Mitie Group’s award-winning catering business delivering distinctive café, restaurant and hospitality services to corporate clients across the UK & Ireland with a particular focus on the application of market-leading consumer technology and wellbeing programmes. Key contracts include Sky, LinkedIn, Burberry, Rolls-Royce and Vodafone. We also own Creativevents; the exhibition and special events catering business which names Royal Ascot, Olympia Exhibition Centre and RHS Chelsea Flower Show amongst our prestigious client portfolio.
Do you have a passion for bringing food and people together? Are you looking for a rewarding job with great opportunities for personal development?
We are currently recruiting for a Chef to join our wonderful team working 40 hours per week on a rotating shift pattern including weekends.
What will you be doing?
- Implement and maintain Gather & Gather’s standards for food production, development and chef behaviours on site
- Deliver craft-based training and mentoring to the site based team
- Drive sales and profitability through implementing both individual and food-team initiatives
- Ensure our teams work in clean, safe and compliant working environments.
- Put into practice and bring to life the FOOD ideals for chefs at every level of the business
- Ensure standards for food presentation set out in the ‘Food Styling Guide’ are maintained at all times
- Support sales activities, new contract openings, external / internal client events and industry events
- Support the interview and appointment of kitchen team members with the site Manager
- Ensure food policy and strategy in areas such as allergen management are implemented and followed and food safety is proactively managed across the business.
- Attend operations meetings and central chef team meetings as required.
- Attend client meetings as and when required and support proactive client relationships.
What’s in it for you…? Bring us an enthusiastic, ambitious and confident approach, plus a genuine interest in our business, and in return we'll give you a starting hourly wage of £9.50, plus holiday pay and an opportunity to develop and progress.
In addition to the above, we will provide an open working environment where you can let your personality shine, some wonderful Gather & Gather coffee and food to keep you going, generous packages, fantastic benefits and hundreds of exclusive discounts in high street shops and supermarkets, travel and utility companies.
- A strong communicator, who can easily interact with customers, clients, team members and senior management
- Diligent, committed and with a desire to continually learn and improve
- Proactive with a positive attitude
- Punctual and a good time keeper
- A team player with the ability to motivate, encourage and inspire others
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to bring creativity and flair into the everyday
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY & EXPERIENCE
- Technically proficient and qualified to an industry-recognised standard
- Level 2 Food Hygiene qualified as a minimum
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good oral and written language skills
For more information about Gather and Gather check out our website - https://www.gatherandgather.com/
Please note as we receive a high number of applications to all our roles, we are unable to respond to all unsuccessful candidates.