Critical Engineering Manager
- The Connection, Newbury RG14, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- A key representative of Mitie in the management of the contract covering technical, office and retail buildings.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- To act as Authorising Engineer for the contract. (HV and LV)
- Appoint and control all HV ans LV APs.
- Be responsible for all Black building tests at Data Centres and manage the maintenance activity during building shutdowns.
- Be responsible for critical system interventions processes.
- Manage technical major or service incidents through to successful completion including post incident reporting, working closely with the Engineering Area Controller.
- To provide technical investigations into issues and defects with plant and systems.
- Produce and maintain risk registers.
- To develop the engineering excellence on the sites using best practice and professional engineering standards.
- Produce relevant reports. E.G Single points of failure, dilapidation, electrical discrimination etc.
- To monitor critical infrastructure projects and the commissioning of new assets at Data Centres and CAT 5 sites.
- To provide Technical advice and support to Site Teams on plant and systems, risk management and plant performance matters.
- To provide the technical training of all engineering staff including 6 monthly technical needs assessments and delivery of training to close training gaps.
- To provide Technical Reports on plant and equipment as required by the Client or Account Director.
- Introduce innovative work practices to improve efficiency and service levels.
- Ensure Group and company safety arrangements and procedures are followed at all times. Implement a positive health and safety culture.
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may present an unnecessary danger or risks to health and safety.
- Be the Technical Expert during investigations of accidents and safety related incidents.
- Assist the business in improving safety systems and performance through consultation, co-operation and communication.
- Carry out site inspections and audits.
- To look at new technologies and innovation and produce business cases for early plant replacement that will deliver energy savings.
- Create a work environment that is safe, open & honest, stimulating, promotes equality of employment, rewards/ celebrates successes and constructively learns from mistakes.
- Willingness to work well in a team; encourage and adopt team goals; understand and appreciate others’ roles; learn from others; actively encourage teamwork, by providing support and assistance to others.
- Co-operate and openly share knowledge and information with others.
- Technical Operational Management experience and understranding of business critical engineering systems.
- Professional and strategic approach to management of works and projects.
- Analytical skills to interpret client requirements and a logical approach to fault diagnosis.
- Relevant industry technical qualifications.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Personable, articulate and able to interact effectively at all levels.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.