Mobile Engineer - Building Services
- Mobile within the M25, London, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- Undertake all Air-Conditioning works within individuals capability
- To ensure that all equipment and services are in a safe condition
- To be responsible for and take care of company supplied equipment and materials
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- To perform planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks, including fault finding and repair
- To undertake work outside normal hours and lodge away time to time when required
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to line management as necessary.
- To help complete pre-programmed works in agreed timescales
- Communicate well (verbally and in writing) with colleagues and clients
- Works harmoniously with others, helping to generate a positive team atmosphere
- Assist with production of material requisitions and procurement of materials and equipment
- To be willing to learn how to analyse specifications, schedules, schematics and drawings and to report any anomalies or omissions to line manager/supervisors.
- To make the line manager/supervisor aware of any likely improvements or delays to programme of works, to decide if any action is required regarding the initial labour requirements, drawing requirements or material purchases.
- Experience in dealing with all types of Air Conditioning installation work with some knoweledge of testing & commissioning process.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and safe working practices
- Strong customer care focus
- Full driving licence
- Able to work at heights of up to 3 metres and lift weights of up to 25kg
- Self-Motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work individually or as part of a team
- Willing to work towards Air conditioning & Refrigeration NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent)
- Hold or willing to work towards an FGAS qualification
- Able to cope under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.