Static Engineer Multiskilled Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield
- Bradford, Bradford, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant proceedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Job objectives & responsibilities
• To be responsible for all maintenance, reactive & small works within the scope of the portfolio.
• To ensure that all PPM & reactive works are carried out efficiently & to the client’s satisfaction.
• To attend relevant team meetings, toolbox talks & training as required.
• To ensure personnel under your control work efficiently & maintain required standards.
• To ensure compliance with Quality, Safety, Health & Environmental standards.
• Day-to-day maintenance activities including PPM & reactive requests as directed by the helpdesk or Contract Supervisor
• Participate in internal & external audits.
• To ensure Risk Assessments are completed & maintained. Control measures adopted in compliance with statutory provisions & codes of practice & guidance.
• Be on a call out rota to provide the client with full out of hours cover.
• Assist other team members when required or as directed by the Contract Supervisor.
• Ensure that all tasks are completed within SLA.
• Supervision of visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work & Health & Safety.
• All duties to be carried out in accordance with company policies & procedures.
• To understand & complete all work related documentation accurately & on time.
• To carry out work in a safe & diligent manner.
• To attend & fully participate in training & appraisal activities as required.
• To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required, including fabric & mechanical tasks.
• City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 & 2 qualification or equivalent
• 18th edition IEE wiring regulations
• Experience of maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment including
- Boiler plant, HVAC, pumps, generators, switchgear, wiring & cabling
- Batteries, small power & lighting
- Strong Electrical Background
• Be flexible & carry out duties which are not electrically biased
• Be pro-active & have the ability to anticipate &/or diagnose & repair faults
• Have the ability to supervise site contracors
• Hold a full clean driving licence
• Able to work at heights of up to 3 metres & lift weights of up to 25kg
• Knowledge of Health & Safety & safe working practices
• Strong customer care focus
• Good communication skills
• Computer Literate
• Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate & timely manner
Health & Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group & company policies & procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health & safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment & personal PPE properly & in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager & /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position & the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks & objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role &/or the needs of the business.