Business Intelligence Developer (m/f/d)
- Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
- Tech, Product & Data: Tech
Mister Spex is Europe‘s largest online optician. Revolutionizing the eyewear industry, we offer the largest selection of branded eyewear available, better prices and all the service you need through our online driven multichannel approach.
We in the BI team help to connect the dots in the company, by combining all the necessary data sources to create a customer centric DWH serving various departments with their KPIs, reports, and Ad hoc analysis.
We support many departments of the company and think of ways in which data can help them and try to make ways to get meaningful insights as easily as possible.
The company is data-driven by heart, so your work will change the daily business.
Be enthusiastic in modelling a traditional Data Warehouse driven by commercial numbers but at the same time being passionate about using and developing Azure services to drive our future BI stack.
- Consult with the business and gather requirements to maintain and improve the existing BI solution.
- Understand KPIs for the needs of various departments and program them for daily availability.
- Build ETL and ELT pipelines to integrate data from internal and external partners.
- Understand and connect various data sources through ETL processes and scripts.
- Aggregate and combine data to shape the central Data warehouse
- Develop T-SQL code to query complex database environments.
- Develop a data model that allows accurate and consistent reporting and self-service analysis.
- Development and maintain database systems, specifically Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Proactively improve processes, monitoring and troubleshooting our BI solutions
- 3 years of experience as a BI/DWH developer
- Strong T-SQL / SQL skills, with proven ability to code effectively
- Practiced and proficient in ETL procedures, data migration, integration, or data quality concepts
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft BI solutions: SQL Management Studio, SSIS, SSAS (tabular and multidimensional) is required
- Knowledge of Azure, cloud environment, basic administration, and troubleshooting is required
- Speak English fluently
- Able to work independently with extreme user-orientation
- 28 days of paid vacation
- Yearly voucher for a pair of glasses/sunglasses in our shop
- flexible working hours
- 50% subsidy for public transport
- visa and work permit sponsorship
- paid flights for relocation
- extra vacation for further education
- Start the day with fruit, vegetables, coffee, tea etc.
- Employee discounts up to 40% in your own online shop
- Sabbatical options after 2 years
- We live with respect and stand for our international team!