- Berlin, Germany
- Tech: Tech
Mister Spex is the leading omni channel eyewear retailer in Europe. We already changed the way many people buy their prescription glasses. After having grown to 150m+ EUR in sales we have already opened 30 own retail stores to build a unique multi-channel eyewear shopping experience that offers high quality products at affordable prices. We have a passion for the latest eyewear trends and brands.
To facilitate our rapid organic and potential acquisitive growth we are looking for a new CTO who will lead our tech department in Berlin. With over 900 employees Mister Spex is active in 10 countries and outgrowing it’s on- and offline competitors.
As our Chief Technology Officer you will be leading all tech activities. You will be a key member of our management team.
- Operating as a key member of the management team providing tech leadership across the organization and taking an active part in shaping the company’s overall strategy
- Take full responsibility for all IT development activities providing a robust system in a fast-growing international company
- Create a development environment, ensuring stable, scalable performance and agile, rapid deployments of innovative features
- Continue/ build a strong tech strategy and roadmap to deliver on the business strategy
- Lead, develop and motivate a team of >80 engineers across different aspects (software, system, data, QA)
- Hire and develop best-in-class talents and prepare organization for future scale
- Develop and deeply integrate tech capacities and capabilities throughout the company
- Manage leadership expectations but also be a digital adviser, acting as the translator and educator between IT and the business.
- Prospective candidates should bring more than 8-10 years track record in tech leadership roles, preferably in a business model where tech is essential part of the product
- 10+ years' functional experience in commerce, e-commerce and digital commerce
- 7+ years’ leadership experience
- Profound technology, architecture, ecommerce and data knowledge
- Non-ego driven, loyal to the company, data driven and rational decision making
- Fluent in English, German language skills are a plus
- Passion to build high-performing teams
- Courage to make tough decisions when needed
- Experience with security management, Headless Commerce and cloud infrastructure
Besides a great work environment, we offer an attractive compensation package and space for your personal development.