Lead .NET Engineer (f/m/x)
- Berlin, Germany
- Tech, Product & Data: Tech
Who we are
Mister Spex is Europe’s leading omnichannel optician. What makes us unique is the combination of optometry and tech. We are looking for tech talents who want to join us in disrupting the market with new digital solutions. Everything we develop is designed to help our customers find the perfect glasses or sunglasses easily, quickly, and with fun and joy, in the online shop as well as in person.
What the job is about
You will be responsible for directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications, in an Agile Scrum development environment. Additionally, you will provide feedback and suggestions for process and product improvement, act as a technical mentor and adviser, and ensure effective communication between team members, Product Owners and other IT functional areas.
What you’ll do
- Drive and lead software design, development standards and code reviews
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar’s technology platform, and develop practices
- Build big, distributed, API-driven systems for heavy load
- Design, code, deploy, and test applications (mostly APIs) according to the user stories/requirements and industry best practices
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable
- Assist in development and peer review of plans, technical solutions, and related documentation
What you bring
- Proven experience as a .NET Developer (with strong .NET Core, C#, MVC, Web API, WPF or WCF, WF experience)
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL DB in Azure/AWS
- Strong knowledge about architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Experience with key DevOps as well as DevOps experience in Azure, including Hybrid, Serverless, IaaS, Automation, and tools for CI/CD services
- Minimum 8 or more years of experience as a software developer/architect specifically working with .NET
What we offer
- Yearly voucher for a pair of glasses and up to 40% discount on our products
- Relocation assistance and help with costs and visa
- 50% subsidy for public transport
- Highly skilled colleagues building innovative systems
- Flexible working hours, 10 days paid vacation for childcare and sabbatical options
- Warm and international culture based on respect, collaboration and giving your ideas a spotlight!
Please upload your complete application documents, consisting of a cover letter, resume, certificates and salary expectations, into our application tool.
More about Mister Spex
We are transforming the optical industry. Ready to join the revolution? With our consistent digitalisation strategy, we have significantly changed an entire industry and established a new way of buying eyewear. We have created optimal links between contemporary e-commerce solutions and traditional brick-and-mortar retail. This success has come hand-in-hand with our rapid growth and makes us one of the most innovative employers in the industry. Our spirit of innovation is your chance to shape the traditional market and change it for good.
Our diverse teams from over 50 nationalities are the focal point of Mister Spex and they are what makes our environment so dynamic. We treat every new applicant on an equal footing and live by the principle of equal opportunities, regardless of origin, skin colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, political opinion or any other characteristic.