Head of UX and Design (f/m/x)
- Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
- Tech, Product & Data: Product
Who we are
Mister Spex is Europe’s leading omnichannel optician. What makes us unique is the combination of optometry and tech. We are looking for tech talents who want to join us in disrupting the market with new digital solutions. Everything we develop is designed to help our customers find the perfect glasses or sunglasses easily, quickly, and with fun and joy, in the online shop as well as in person.
What the job is about
As a Head for UX and Design you will define and execute a strong UX strategy for our digital products across all devices and channels. In collaboration with your leadership peers from product, marketing, BI and engineering, you will focus on delivering meaningful digital experiences that our customers love and are valuable to our business.
What you’ll do
- Develop a user-centered design strategy and promote design culture within the company
- Own, define and defend future vision based on customer insights, business goals and KPIs and understand technical possibilities
- Drive, own and lead teams to execute user research, user journey mapping and usability testing
- Support the UX team to deliver high quality design solutions in a high traffic and fast changing business environment
- Bring new people on board, mentor them and drive skill development
- Apply new working methods and facilitate workshops across the company to raise awareness in UX and design
- Establish guidelines, practices and standards for UX, design and content and drive our design system and design language forward to improve product experience
What you bring
- As an inspiring leader you know that design has an essential and long-term impact on our customer behaviour and business results
- Comprehensive experience with digital user-centric design in an omnichannel environment
- Experience with the most used design and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Zeplin, Axure, InVision, Adobe CC)
- You are a strategic and creative thinker, able to manage stakeholders and competing priorities
- Experience in maintaining design consistency across multiple agile product teams
- Several years of experience in developing and coaching peers
- Experience in data driven design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, fluent English and basic German
- A solid portfolio of your previous work with examples of conceptual and visual designs and cross-device digital applications
What we offer
- Yearly voucher for a pair of glasses and up to 40% discount on our products
- Relocation assistance and help with costs and visa
- 50% subsidy for public transport
- Highly skilled colleagues building innovative systems
- Flexible working hours, 10 days paid vacation for childcare and sabbatical options
- Warm and international culture based on respect, collaboration and giving your ideas a spotlight!
Please upload your complete application documents, consisting of a cover letter, resume, certificates and salary expectations, into our application tool. Simply use the "apply now" button. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following number + 49-151-18704363.
More about Mister Spex
We are transforming the optical industry. Ready to join the revolution? With our consistent digitalisation strategy, we have significantly changed an entire industry and established a new way of buying eyewear. We have created optimal links between contemporary e-commerce solutions and traditional brick-and-mortar retail. This success has come hand-in-hand with our rapid growth and makes us one of the most innovative employers in the industry. Our spirit of innovation is your chance to shape the traditional market and change it for good.
Our diverse teams from over 50 nationalities are the focal point of Mister Spex and they are what makes our environment so dynamic. We treat every new applicant on an equal footing and live by the principle of equal opportunities, regardless of origin, skin colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, political opinion or any other characteristic.