IT Procurement Officer (f/m/x)
- Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
- Tech, Product & Data: Tech
Who we are
Mister Spex is Europe’s leading omnichannel optician. What makes us unique is the combination of optometry and tech. We are looking for tech talents who want to join us in disrupting the market with new digital solutions. Everything we develop is designed to help our customers find the perfect glasses or sunglasses easily, quickly, and with fun and joy, in the online shop as well as in person.
What the job is about
As you'd own IT purchasing end-to-end, we’d be delighted to find someone who is also able to create reporting and supports our finance team on a regular basis. We imagine a person with quite some experience in a digital-native organization, having worked with global partners like software vendors, implementation partners or cloud providers. While we do not expect nor require candidates to bring all the skills and experiences listed, we believe that clarity and masterful communication, paired with empathy and the ability to work on a friendly, respectful peer-level with any size of partner are essential to bring for this role.
What you’ll do:
- Research, evaluate and select suppliers and vendors and foster awesome vendor relationships
- Create and evaluate vendor agreements with pricing and lead all negotiations
- Maintain the portfolio of agreements and contracts
- Organize and negotiate up- and downgrades of agreements to suit our organization
- Define, run and improve purchasing processes, e.g. on-demand hardware supply chain
- Conduct continuous analysis of risk, lead times, and optimization of order quantities
- Own and develop reports (spend, forecasts, reordering, renewal, reservation...) and support finance and leadership with ad-hoc data and reports
What you bring:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in a modern, non-conglomerate digital organization
- Able to negotiate, draft and fully understand contracts in English and German
- In-depth understanding of end-to-end business cases and relevant business KPIs in a digital business
- Solid technical understanding and vocabulary in areas like e-commerce, ERP and cloud infrastructure
- Essential legal knowledge over lifetime of contracts and agreements
- Professional skills leveraging usual tools like Office365, Reporting, Databases
- Nice: Able to use scripting or advanced tools (like VBA, Office Macros, Python, R, …)
- Strong analytical skills, ability to develop pragmatic solutions with hands-on mentality
- Experienced in defining metrics and their continuous improvement
- Creativity that enables the development of new ideas and levers to optimize
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong communication and negotiation skills
- Very experienced in global vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
What we offer:
- Yearly voucher for a pair of glasses and up to 40% discount on our products
- Relocation assistance and help with costs and visa
- 50% subsidy for public transport
- Highly skilled colleagues building innovative systems
- Flexible working hours, 10 days paid vacation for childcare and sabbatical options
- Warm and international culture based on respect, collaboration and giving your ideas a spotlight!
Please upload your complete application documents, consisting of a cover letter, resume, certificates and salary expectations, into our application tool. Simply use the "apply now" button. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following number + 49-151-18704363.
More about Mister Spex
We are transforming the optical industry. Ready to join the revolution? With our consistent digitalisation strategy, we have significantly changed an entire industry and established a new way of buying eyewear. We have created optimal links between contemporary e-commerce solutions and traditional brick-and-mortar retail. This success has come hand-in-hand with our rapid growth and makes us one of the most innovative employers in the industry. Our spirit of innovation is your chance to shape the traditional market and change it for good.
Our diverse teams from over 50 nationalities are the focal point of Mister Spex and they are what makes our environment so dynamic. We treat every new applicant on an equal footing and live by the principle of equal opportunities, regardless of origin, skin colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, political opinion or any other characteristic.