Head of Category Management (m/f/d)
- Berlin, Germany
- Business: Marketing
- Augenoptiker: Optional
Mister Spex is Europe's largest online optician. We are specialists in the distribution of optical products, offering an extensive range of top-quality glasses, sunglasses, sports eyewear and contact lenses at low prices. We recently got an investment of 65 Mio € to maximize our potential and ensure that we continue to develop.
Make a difference - be part of our fabulous Category Management team. The very cross-functional environment will let you work closely with several teams and departments, covering 10 different countries and their respective online presence. Be the one responsible for the further development, positioning and marketing of an assortment that is differentiated from our competitors in order to develop a continuous strategic competitive advantage for Mister Spex.
- Responsibility for the development and implementation of the category management vision and strategy
- Manage our category management team (10 colleagues) to fully develop the potential of each one and continuously support individual development
- Implement the interests and issues of category management by asserting yourself with the various departments
- Significant input for the key figures relevant to the assortment in the planning and forecasting process
- (Over-)fulfilment of the defined margin targets through active control of pricing
- Improve the assortment-specific marketing and creation of a match between customer and product in order to inspire customers with the assortment and achieve sales targets
- Further development of the product data structure to further optimise the personalised customer approach
- Continuous expansion of our supplier relationships to enable optimal assortment marketing
- 4+ years of professional experience in category management, purchasing, assortment marketing or similar
- Proven experience in successfully leading teams and completing projects
- Strong team orientation and ability to recognise the individual potential of each team member as well as willingness to continuously develop this potential
- Sound assortment and pricing knowledge that has already led to demonstrable successes
- Persuasiveness and assertiveness that can withstand all interfaces within the various departments up to the management level
- An affinity for numbers and a strong analytical drive, so that decisions can be made both intuitively and based on data
- Interest in trends and fashion and willingness to constantly update your knowledge
- Fluency in written and spoken English, German is a big plus
What we offer
- Yearly voucher for a pair of glasses and up to 40% on our products
- 50% subsidy for public transport
- Highly skilled colleagues building innovative systems
- Flexible working hours, 10 days paid vacation for child care and sabbatical options
- Warm and international culture based on respect, collaboration and giving your ideas a spotlight!
Please upload your application documents, consisting of a CV, certificates and your salary expectation to our application tool on our website by using the “apply online” button. For any inquiries please don’t hesitate to contact us by phone under the following number: 0151 - 18704363.