Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- 8527 Sepulveda Blvd, North Hills, CA 91343, USA
Mission City Community Network (MCCN), a not-for-profit organization with multiple clinics operating as a Federally Qualified Health Center dedicated to serving low income and under-served families in the San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley and Los Angeles and San Bernardino areas. MCCN is a full service health care provider with primary care services for children, adolescents and adults.
Mission City Community Network, Inc. is a non-profit organization of multiple clinics operating as a Federally Qualified Health Center. We are dedicated to serving low income families in the San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley, Los Angeles and San Bernardino areas. We are committed to providing high quality care in the following areas: Adult, Pediatrics, Women's Health, Dentistry, Health Education, and Mental Health.
Position: Licensed Vocational Nurse
Position Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Locations: North Hills, CA
*willing to assist other SFV Clinic sites, as deemed necessary by organizational need and supervisor
We are seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse to provide health care interventions including counseling, education, and health promotion. Oversee medical support staff and maintain Policies & Procedures. One for our San Fernando Valley Region (incl. North Hills, Northridge, Pacoima, Panorma City, etc).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under general supervision, plans, directs, and evaluates total nursing care, in accordance with established philosophy.
- Relates effectively with other staff for continuity of care; maintains satisfactory relations with other departments and nursing units; participates in all phases of education, maintenance of records, and upgrading of policies, procedures, and skills of personnel.
- Identifies problems and guides personnel to their solution.
- Accurately and promptly implements physicians' orders.
- Educate patients’ on how the medication is to be taken and any contraindications.
- Maintain inventory of all pharmaceuticals to ensure compliance with pharmacy dispensing laws.
- Update Emergency Kits from all locations monthly.
- Supervise and train Back Office staff; maintain work schedules for staff.
- High School Diploma from a WASC accredited School (no GED).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), required.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse, Diploma and current License, required.
- Must maintain a current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certification, in compliance with corporate CPR policy.
- Ability to pass Basic Competency Test.
- Minimum 2+ year experience a must in a FQHC clinic setting, preferred
- Be able to communicate tactfully and empathetically, with cultural sensitivity; with staff and patients
- Must have reliable means of transportation a current, valid CA Driver’s License, and valid liability insurance.
Full-time (30+hrs/wk) benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. Vacation, Sick, Holiday pay, and all other benefits mandated by law.
Please email or FAX your CV and cover letter to: FAX (818) 998-3579 EMAIL: HR Dept. (PDF or Word format only)
MCCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.