Java Software Engineer
- Madrid, Spain
- Employees can work remotely
Mirantis helps organizations ship code faster on public and private clouds. The company provides a public cloud experience on any infrastructure from the data center to the edge. With Lens and the Mirantis Cloud Native Platform, Mirantis empowers a new breed of Kubernetes developers by removing infrastructure and operations complexity and providing one cohesive cloud experience for complete app and devops portability, a single pane of glass, and automated full-stack lifecycle management with continuous updates.
Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Societe Generale, Splunk, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
Mirantis is looking for an experienced Java Software Engineer to join a challenging project with our partner - a telco company from Australia. Candidates should have decent written and good spoken English in order to communicate with stakeholders and colleagues.
Goal of the project is to expand and maintain a stable and efficient microservice architecture-based platform that automates network configuration processes and provides various aspects of networking services via interacting with other services and hardware systems.
Technologically it consists of a set of synchronous (e.g. REST-based) or asynchronous (e.g. AMQP-based) endpoints with a possibility of user interaction through Web UI.
- Design, develop and maintain scalable REST/AMQP based services with zero downtime
- Work closely with customers and contractors in a collaborative development environment
- Conform to the development practices: Code Reviews, CI/CD, automated tests, etc.
- Troubleshoot problems in the QA and production environments
- 2+ years (for Level 2 candidates) or 3+ years (for Level 3 candidates) of production experience
- RDBMS-related knowledge (basic concepts, SQL, practical experience with at least one RDB)
- Experience with the following technologies/tools: Java Core, Servlet API, JDBC, JPA, Spring Framework (Boot, Core, etc.)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with other technical teams, business analysts and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
- Strong background in object oriented design, data structures, algorithms and distributed programming
- Communicative level of English language
*nix operating systems experience
Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and relative tools (e.g. AWS SDK for Java) experience
Understanding of BPMN
Understanding of JAX-RS and experience with at least one implementation
Knowledge of messaging systems/protocols: AMQP (RabbitMQ), Kafka, etc.
Experience with ELK stack
Experience with Docker, k8s
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Professional development and training.
- Modern bright office, centrally located and close to public transportation.
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux).
- Company outings, happy hours, hackathons, and tech talks.
- Receive a competitive compensation package.
We are a Leader for Container Management in G2 (#2 after AWS)!