Senior Fullstack Engineer (Lens - Best K8s IDE)
Mirantis helps organizations ship code faster on public and private clouds. The company provides a public cloud experience on any infrastructure from the data center to the edge. With Lens and the Mirantis Cloud Native Platform, Mirantis empowers a new breed of Kubernetes developers by removing infrastructure and operations complexity and providing one cohesive cloud experience for complete app and devops portability, a single pane of glass, and automated full-stack lifecycle management with continuous updates.
Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Societe Generale, Splunk, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
Mirantis is looking for a talented fullstack developer with a passion to develop scalable software solutions and amazing end user experiences. You will be contributing to both the development of Lens, which is the most popular IDE for Kubernetes developers. Today, Lens is used by more than 700k DevOps professionals and is one of the top trending open source projects in Github with over 19k stargazers. It's built on Electron and powered by React, TypeScript and Node.js. The Lens Cloud backends are based on TypeScript, Node.js and Golang.
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
At Mirantis, we work with some of the latest tools, UI frameworks and a wide array of cutting-edge web technologies. We are looking for someone who is excited to try new things and enjoy technical challenges. The tools and technology we create should be as beautiful and easy to use as the world's best designed online services. Our microservice based backend architecture aims for highest availability and resilience to deliver a stable and reliable service to our amazing customers.
- Contribute to the development of Lens (The Kubernetes IDE) and Lens Cloud https://k8slens.dev/
- Work together with Lens community, maintainers and developers to transform new ideas into world class implementations
- Explore and integrate new web frameworks, technologies and tools
- Understand and leverage common architectural styles and patterns around Microservices, 12factor-apps and cloud-native app development
- Great track record and experience from developing web based applications and websites
- Deep understanding of web standards and best practices
- Apply most up-to-date techniques, architecture, and open-source solutions
- Proficiency with server side runtimes such as Node.js
- Hands-on experience around Kubernetes and cloud-native technologies
- Strong problem solving skills
- High standards for usability
- Eye and appreciation for great design
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, performance analysis, telemetry and error reporting, continuous integration)
- Design and development of RESTful APIs
- Ensure scalability, resiliency, and security of the product implementation
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members
- Portfolio of past work showcasing listed job qualifications
- Willingness to learn and grow as an engineer
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan.
Mirantis ranked in the top 50 of G2's Best IT Cloud Products of 2021!
We are a Leader for Container Management in G2 (#2 after AWS)!