Kubernetes Software Engineer - Open Source
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
Mirantis helps organizations ship code faster on public and private clouds. The company provides a public cloud experience on any infrastructure from the data center to the edge. With Lens and the Mirantis Cloud Native Platform, Mirantis empowers a new breed of Kubernetes developers by removing infrastructure and operations complexity and providing one cohesive cloud experience for complete app and devops portability, a single pane of glass, and automated full-stack lifecycle management with continuous updates.
Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Societe Generale, Splunk, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
Mirantis is seeking a Software Engineer (Kubernetes) with a passion for shaping the future of cloud-native computing and contributing to the development of container technology-related OSS projects, to join Mirantis product team. The Mirantis product teams are responsible for the design, development and implementation of products such as k0s, Lens, MKE (formerly known as Docker Enterprise UCP), MCR, containerd, docker engine and more.
In this position, you'll contribute to the development of k0s and related projects and technologies. This offers you a good position to help build solutions and tools to widen the adoption of Kubernetes and push cloud-native technologies to new levels and frontiers.
- Contribute to the development of Mirantis Kubernetes products and any related upstream OSS projects
- Integrating new features from the cloud native technologies landscape that compliment the Mirantis Kubernetes products
- Following the latest developments in the container technology ecosystem and identifying matters that could impact the product roadmap
- Act as a cloud native software and technologies subject matter expert and evangelist within the company and broader Mirantis community
- Strong Golang experience
- Experience in Kubernetes
- Experience in cloud-native technologies and methodologies
- Understanding of container networking concepts and technologies, the deeper the better
- Strong engineering background with meaningful track record on Github
- Experience in building concurrent, distributed, and scalable systems using container technologies
- Devops experience with one or more public cloud providers (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure)
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience working in distributed remote-first teams
- Experience building OSS products
You do not have to tick every box, oftentimes Your attitude and record of grasping new things and technologies is more important.
What we offer:
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Professional development and training.
- Modern bright office, centrally located or remote working schedule.
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux).
- Receive a competitive compensation package with a strong benefits plan.
Mirantis ranked in the top 50 of G2's Best IT Cloud Products of 2021!