Principal Product Security Engineer / Architect
- Campbell, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Mirantis is the fastest way to modern apps, providing containers-as-a-service at enterprise scale. The company uses a unique as-a-service model to deliver Kubernetes and related open source software, empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere - from public cloud to hybrid cloud to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Splunk, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
Mirantis is adding a Principal Security Engineer or Architect joining the Product Engineering Organization, reporting to the VP of Engineering. This position is open to remote work, with preference in the United States of America. You will be instrumental in bringing forward our security and compliance in our product portfolio. You will work with key stakeholders across from the company, including senior leadership, product, sales, marketing. You will also be the liaison between customers, technical sales, and engineering. We are looking for someone that wants to own the technical vision of security and compliance for Mirantis’ container platforms.
- Collaborate with the container security ecosystem
- Work with, and contribute to open source security projects and SIGs
- Gather security related product requirements from customers, working with product management
- Lead the certification of Mirantis Enterprise Container Platform for FIPS / STIG/ OSCAL / FISMA
- Reviewing current product security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Perform vulnerability testing and security assessments for Mirantis software Products
- Management of security incident process, addressing events in the open source
- Conducting regular software product security tests
- Respond to security incidents related to software development
- Must have experience leading Security team and overseeing the security of an enterprise-level software product
- Must have Software containers, Kubernetes, CNCF, and cloud native application development experience
- Software design and development experience
- Product management exposure
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
Nice to haves:
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization, and security
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of STIG/OSCAL
- Experience with FIPS Certification
- Experience with threat modeling and security audit of software components
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established global leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.