- Company Location: Minor Hotels Corporate Office - ANZ
Minor Hotels is an international hotel owner, operator and investor, currently with a diverse portfolio of over 530 properties. Through our Anantara, Avani, Elewana, Oaks, NH Hotels, NH Collection, nhow and TIVOLI properties, Minor Hotels operates in 50+ countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America.
Minor Hotels AU & NZ is a proud leader in strata titled accommodation management with numerous Hotels, Resorts and Residential Apartment buildings throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, committed, and professional Payroll Officer to join our team at Minor Hotels Head Office in Maroochydore on a part time basis.
Working 25 hours per week (Monday - Thursday), this is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is either looking to get back into the workforce, or who is currently working full time and would enjoy taking a step back to 4 days per week.
This role is responsible for delivering timely payroll processing, reporting, and guidance to a diverse portfolio of our group’s properties and offices across Australia and New Zealand. Focusing on accuracy, efficiency and exceptional customer service, this position will see you collaborating closely with a team of experienced Payroll professionals, allowing for a dynamic working environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- End to end processing of weekly, fortnightly and 2-weekly payroll(s)
- On-going maintenance of the payroll and leave planning systems
- Liaising with staff and management on payroll related queries
- Interpreting awards/agreements and contracts in relation to overtime, shift allowances etc.
- Supporting the Payroll Manager with month end reporting, both internal and statutory reporting
- Processing Workers Compensation payments (previous experience will be highly regarded)
- Payroll administration – e.g. filing, setting up new starters
- Minimum 2 years payroll experience - Essential
- Experience working with Workers Compensation (preferred but not essential)
- Solid understanding of payroll legislation and processes
- Effective planning and organisational skills to manage pressure situations, multiple tasks and the ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to deal sensitively and maturely with confidential information and records
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, numerical ability, and data entry skills
- Availability to work full time hours, Monday - Thursday
- Previous experience processing New Zealand payroll will be highly regarded (but is not essential as training is provided).
Join our positive and vibrant team and be rewarded with these team benefits:
- Maroochydore office location with free onsite parking
- 50% discounts on accommodation across all Minor Hotel brands in Australia and New Zealand
- 20% team member’s friend and family discount on accommodation across all Minor Hotel brands in Australia and New Zealand
- Additional paid leave including Birthday and Study leave.
- Educational Financial support may be available to those who undertake development relevant to the company’s business requirements.
- Government funded traineeships in Certificate III in Hospitality and or Certificate IV in Leadership *eligibility does apply.
- NIB Insurance discounts
- Discount savings and cash back from over 400 popular retailers in Australia and New Zealand
- Entertainment and experience discounts (Opera Australia; Australia Zoo; BRG Brands- Experience oz, Adrenaline and RedBalloon)
- Discount on Furniture
- 50% off The Coffee Club VIP membership and discount on Minor Hotels F&B outlets across the globe
- Wellbeing programs with Uprise (EAP)
- Wellness Programs at Elysia Wellness retreat Accommodation, all F&B, all Wellness Activities, Spa Treatments (depends on length of program to how many) and Wellness one on one consults
- Laundry allowance for some roles*
Our people drive the success of our business, so we will invest in your skills to allow you to grow and progress through your career. You'll feel at home as part of a close team who thrive on delivering exceptional guest experiences and working in a company focused on ensuring the best work place culture.
Currently, we are only accepting applications from candidates who have working rights within Australia or New Zealand.