Executive Sous Chef
- Company Location: Elysia Wellness Retreat
Minor Hotels is an international hotel owner, operator and investor, currently with a diverse portfolio of over 530 properties. Through our Anantara, Avani, Elewana, Oaks, NH Hotels, NH Collection, nhow and TIVOLI properties, Minor Hotels operates in 50+ countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America.
Minor Hotels AU & NZ is a proud leader in strata titled accommodation management with numerous Hotels, Resorts and Residential Apartment buildings throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Executive Sous Chef to lead our kitchen team at Elysia Wellness Retreat.
This unique position will be responsible for the formulation of nourishing culinary dishes, accommodating guests with specific dietary preferences and restrictions, whilst supervising and providing guidance to the kitchen and restaurant teams.
This position provides the opportunity to collaborate closely with guests. As the face of the restaurant, you will be responsible for continuous tableside interaction, as well as delivering compelling cooking presentations to guests of Elysia Wellness Retreat.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Focusing on providing exceptional guest experiences by engaging in regular tableside interaction with guests
- Overseeing the performance of kitchen team members, upholding a standard of excellence and uniformity in the products offered to guests
- Spearheading the creation of menus, along with their corresponding cost analysis
- Managing inventory levels and overseeing all back of house food and labour expenses
- Implementing procedures to ensure an elevated standard of presentation, sanitation, service, and product calibre
- Ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations and food standards
- Managing the recruitment, induction, training, and rostering of all kitchen team members
- Curating and refining recipes to meet discerning culinary preferences, restrictions, and sensitivities
- Crafting meals tailored to an array of dietary limitations and allergies
- Deliver engaging cooking presentations to guests, explaining methods of cooking and simple tips to improve the general health of guests while at home
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Hold relevant Certificate III Cookery qualifications
- Extensive experience working as a Sous Chef within a restaurant or wellness retreat environment
- Passion for nutrition and delivering exceptional experiences to guests, including experience in catering to guests with unique dietary requirements and allergies
- Exceptional leadership skills, with experience in leading and motivating a highly skilled and diverse team
- Be able to work under pressure within a dynamic team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Availability to work a variety of shifts as required, including weekends and public holidays
Join our positive and vibrant team and be rewarded with these team benefits:
- Highly competitive hourly rate
- 50% discounts on accommodation across all Minor Hotel brands in Australia and New Zealand
- 20% team member’s friend and family discount on accommodation across all Minor Hotel brands in Australia and New Zealand
- Additional paid leave including Birthday and Study leave.
- Educational Financial support may be available to those who undertake development relevant to the company’s business requirements.
- Government funded traineeships in Certificate III in Hospitality and or Certificate IV in Leadership *eligibility does apply.
- NIB Insurance discounts
- Discount savings and cash back from over 400 popular retailers in Australia and New Zealand
- Entertainment and experience discounts (Opera Australia; Australia Zoo; BRG Brands- Experience oz, Adrenaline and RedBalloon)
- Discount on Furniture
- 50% off The Coffee Club VIP membership and discount on Minor Hotels F&B outlets across the globe
- Wellbeing programs with Uprise (EAP)
- Wellness Programs at Elysia Wellness retreat Accommodation, all F&B, all Wellness Activities, Spa Treatments (depends on length of program to how many) and Wellness one on one consults
- Laundry allowance for some roles*
Our people drive the success of our business, so we will invest in your skills to allow you to grow and progress through your career. You'll feel at home as part of a close team who thrive on delivering exceptional guest experiences and working in a company focused on ensuring the best work place culture.
Currently, we are only accepting applications from candidates who have working rights within Australia or New Zealand.