Director of Spa and Wellness
- Company Location: Longevity Hub by Clinique La Prairie Bangkok
Operating over 70 spas worldwide, MSpa is an international driving force in Spa & Wellness. MSpa’s journey began in Thailand in 1999 with Mandara Spa, and has since evolved and expanded to include the renowned Anantara Spa and AvaniSpa brand, as well as bespoke concepts. Our award winning spas continue to grow and adapt to suit the Spa & Wellness needs of all our guests.
Innovation and technology is naturally integrated with ancient healing traditions to provide our guests with a profound sense of wellbeing. Harnessing the natural beauty of our iconic locations allows for the ultimate Spa & Wellness experience in the most exotic and remote locations around the world.
The Spa & Wellness industry is constantly evolving and Wellness tourism is the fastest growing sector of tourism thus the Spa & Wellness consumer has become more sophisticated and will continue to demand more advanced offerings. MSpa core concept is reflective of such change and focuses on modern and aesthetic as well as holistic and alternative options.
Changing Spa to a probability as opposed to a chance experience for majority of our guests, we offer customizable options including demographic and location driven Wellness. This includes Wellness programs through in-house concepts which pays homage to the company heritage, as well as collaborations with well-known Wellness providers and Medi Spa companies.
The Director of Spa and Wellness is the key leader overseeing the Longevity Hub by Clinique La Prairie team and day to day operations of Longevity Hub by Clinique La Prairie at the St Regis Bangkok. The Director of Spa and Wellness has the responsibility to implement a regional business strategy in conjunction with senior management, and then to lead the implementation of that strategy. This includes accountability for the overall performance of the spa.
This person is also responsible for liaising and maintaining a strong relationship with Clinique La Prairie in Switzerland who are the medical provider under a franchise agreement between MSpa International and Clinique La Prairie in Switzerland.
- In-depth knowledge of the medical & wellness market. Existing knowledge of overseeing clinic/medical operations and relationship management with previous medical providers, operators and wellness companies.
- Ability to evaluate business trends and modify business strategies accordingly. Together with MSpa International & Clinique La Prairie, evaluates local, national and international market trends, vendors and other operations to make sure that the property’s operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
- Work with the hotel management to ensure that the hotel and spa are working together constructively and collaboratively. Maintain a positive relationship with the hotel management, and the Ownership interests, on behalf of MSpa International. Work with other department heads ie. Sales and Marketing, Operations, Human Resources to implement organizational plans.
- Financial management skills including the ability to analyse financial results, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning. Proficient in excel, reports and financial formats, as MSpa is responsible for a wide variety of reports that needs to be manually consolidated. Analyses financial statements. Reviews income and costs relative to goals; takes corrective action as necessary and be accountable for P&L of the centre. Reviews with the Senior Management of the Company key performance indicators and works with MSpa International to achieve established targets. Supports the Director of Operations and other EXCO members in reviewing and strategizing business development efforts and aligning with the overall growth plan of the company.
- Together with senior management, works on a plan to enhance focus on Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
- Welcomes regular and repeat customers; develops programmes and initiatives to retain and increase visits by customer base. Coordinates the marketing and customer relations programmes to promote services and facilities to potential and present customers.
- Ensures that Brand Standards are reviewed and implemented across all areas. Review Brand Standards Audit scores for each of the areas, in line with the targets and monitor progress on a periodic basis.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of all the facility’s physical assets and facilities.
- Oversees the preparation and updates of Spa and Wellness Operations Manuals.
- Guiding the unit Spa & Wellness team to ensure that each revenue generating department is operated in line with maximizing revenues and profit through upselling, pricing activities and proper yield management, while delivering consistent brand standards.
- Working closely with People & Culture and MSpa to review feedback from the results of the Team Member Satisfaction Survey and action plan on implementing changes.
- Conducted disciplinary action as needed, accurately tracking verbal and written warnings for violations of policy and/or procedures.
- Conduct weekly meetings with all Team Members about the following issues: weekly revenues problems, review of sales techniques, quality of work, training needs, any other items which may be concern.
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company’s policy related to fire, hygiene, health and safety including local regulations.
- To carry out the other duties as assigned by the management team.
- Professionally qualified to work in Spa & Wellness field
- Prior working experience in clinic/medical operations
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a 5-star spa/wellness resort
- Experience working in Asia/Thailand
- In-depth knowledge of the medical & wellness market
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Solid knowledge of spoken and written English
- Highly motivated and able to teach leadership skills
- Positive attitude toward leadership and team work
- Ability to relate in various cultures
- Well-groomed and articulated
- Interest in Organizational Development