Accounting Supervisor - AR
- Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Company Location: Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara
From its founding in 1978 with a single beachfront resort in Pattaya, Minor International Pcl (‘MINT’) is today one of the largest hospitality and leisure companies in the Asia Pacific region. With over 520 hotels & resorts, 2,389 restaurants and 386 retail trading points of sale, MINT meets the growing needs of consumers in Thailand and in 63 markets across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and the Americas. Minor International (MINT) is a global company focused on three core businesses: restaurants, hospitality and lifestyle brands distribution. Minor Hotels is a hotel owner, operator and investor with a portfolio of over 75,000 rooms across more than 520 hotels, resorts and serviced suites under the Anantara, AVANI, Oaks, Tivoli, Elewana, NH Collection, NH, nhow, Marriott, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Radisson Blu and Minor International brands. Today, Minor Hotels' hotel and spa portfolio spans across 56 countries in Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and the Americas. In addition, Minor Hotels also operates mixed-use business including shopping plazas & entertainment, residential properties, and a points-based vacation club. Mnor Food is one of Asia's largest casual dining and quick-service restaurant companies, operating over 2,300 outlets in 24 countries under The Pizza Company, The Coffee Club, Riverside, Thai Express, Benihana, Bonchon, Swensen’s, Sizzler, Dairy Queen and Burger King brands. Minor Lifestyle is one of Thailand's largest distributors of lifestyle brands with over 380 points of sale, focusing primarily on fashion and lifestyle products. Its brands include Anello, BergHOFF, Bodum, Bossini, Charles & Keith, Esprit, Joseph Joseph, Radley, Zwilling J.A. Henckels and Minor Smart Kids. In addition, Minor Lifestyle also operates contract manufacturing business.
Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· To collect and process all folio received from the front office on a timely basis.
· To prepare invoices for all the folio and send to the Credit Department or Mailing to travel agent and the company.
· Ensuring all necessary reports are printed after batch entry.
· Prepare and monitor the Account Receivable Aging Report weekly.
· Blacklist the debtors who are slow in making the payments and report to the Financial Controller.
· Reconcile accounts receivable statement and follow up the variations.
· Work closely with Credit Department for collecting all cheque from the Debtor, and check the collection report.
· Performing related duties and special projects as assigned.
SAFETY & SECURITY
Perform the task in line with the OSH roles and responsibilities.
Follow Risk Assessment Guidelines for safe practice of work.
Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
HOW YOU CAN SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
Within Anantara, the top-performing people who do this job always demonstrate the following attitude:
· Working with Others:
- They always try to anticipate and exceed the needs of customers and colleagues
- They use their own initiative and good judgement to solve problems in a calm and efficient way
- They enjoy working with others to achieve common goals. They volunteer as required to ensure the success of the team
- They act with personal professionalism and integrity at all times
· Taking Responsibility:
- They always conduct business honestly and fairly. They keep sensitive information confidential.
- They can prioritise their workload effectively and be organised and structured at work
- They manages their time and pay attention to detail. They know their jobs, and are able to work without close supervision.
- They display a positive attitude, even under pressure. They personally check their work to ensure its accuracy.
· Delivering Results:
- They are committed to meeting and exceeding all performance standards
- They constantly look to develop their own professional skills and abilities
- They perform job tasks in line with established policies and procedures
- They always try to provide a top-quality experience to all our guests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 0-2 years experience in Accounting or relevant fields.
- Good command of both spoken and written English will be advantage.
- Good command of MS Office.