- K.Dhigufinolhu, South Male Atoll, Maldives
- Company Location: Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort, Anantara Veli Maldives Resort, & Naladhu Private Island Maldives
Anantara. The word in Sanskrit means "the flow of water without borders" and evokes the freedom, movement and harmony that are the spirit of the Anantara Experience.
Each Anantara Resort draws its strength from the rich cultural traditions, historic heritage and natural beauty of its destination. As such, every experience is a unique voyage of discovery and inspiration that is distinctly Anantara.
A lifeguard is responsible for the general supervision and safety of guests and team members at beach area and in the water by preventing and responding to emergencies. Lifeguards are superior swimmers who are able to give advice on water safety to guest and team members, conduct swift water rescues and control unruly behavior if necessary.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises swimming activities at the beach/swimming pool area and ensures that policies, guidelines, and safety procedures are followed.
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the water.
- Rescues swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services
- Able to act quickly and appropriately to secure the safety of patrons in the event of an emergency
- Present professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintain a high standard of customer service.
- Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforces and adheres to pool rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the availability and safekeeping of emergency equipment (rescue tubes, backboard, signs, and other equipment).
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Prepare and maintain appropriate activity reports.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Able to follow routine verbal and written instruction.
- Must hold a current Lifeguard Certification, or equivalent.
- Must hold valid CPR and basic first aid Certification, or equivalent.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Swimming proficiency and comfort in all types of water conditions.
- Knowledge of on-site protocols, operational procedures, and safety policies.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for providing on-site emergency medical services