Assistant Finance Manager
- Company Location: Avani Ibn Battuta Dubai
Contemporary, relaxed and imaginative. Be it a leisurely family break or romantic escape, Avani Hotels & Resorts provides the right space for guests who value the details that matter.
To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by assisting the Director of Finance with the management of all the financial matters of the hotel. To work closely with other departments in matters affecting the financial operations of the property. To interact as required with suppliers and other business partners outside the hotel such as lawyers, insurance companies, tax consultants, auditors, commercial and government banks.
As a member of the finance department, this role is responsible for ensuring that all the financial affairs of the hotel are conducted to the highest standards of honesty and integrity. High ethical standards are necessary to maintain both competitive advantage and the pride and confidence of our associates, and to provide quality products and services to customers and clients.
At Minor Hotel, we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world. We treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Avani employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Lead the control of inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances.
- Establishing adequate controls for all revenues and expenses and safeguard of assets.
- Maintaining up-to-date account analysis and reconciliation of accounts.
- Maintaining and reporting accurate and timely financial and operating information and provide analysis interpretations and projections. (follow the guidelines established in the finance manual)
- Identifies training needs, develops formal training plans and conducts training sessions for finance and operational colleagues in co-ordination with other departments
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Follow-up on capital expenditures to ensure control compliance with original justification and approval.
- Maintains professional and technical competence.
- Assists in implementing and maintaining acceptable accounting practices and procedures as required by MH policy, and generally accepted accounting practices.
- Providing safekeeping, including proper storage and access for all contracts, leases and other financial records.
- Maintaining his/her own professional competence.
- Performs any other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or higher
- At least 3 - 5 years experienced in related work field
- Experience in accounting or finance & accounting in hotel business is preferable.
- Strong analytical skill and problem solving skill
- Understand and able to analyze financial data including profit & loss, balance sheet and cashflow statement
- Good skill in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good Command in English