Director of Sales
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Company Location: Avani Ibn Battuta Dubai
Contemporary, relaxed and imaginative. Be it a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI Hotels & Resorts provides the right space for guests who value the details that matter.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Minor Hotels employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues.
Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
o To approach the overall sales leadership activities from a strategic perspective:
o Ensure that the sales department fully understands the relative importance and priority of its current account base, and manages, segments and priorities its efforts accordingly.
o Ensure that the department is focused on assertively establishing new client contacts and developing detailed information on the potential revenues from these accounts.
o Continually review the actual production of each account against the potential for that account. Continually review and upgrade the client base.
o Assign individual account responsibilities and targets with reference to the above points. Keep account responsibility under continual review
· To manage the daily sales activities of the people in the team:
o Set the financial and non-financial objectives for each member of the team and work with them to ensure these objectives are met.
o Ensure that all new team members are properly oriented in the strategy and positioning of the Minor Hotels brand, and able to articulate this positioning in the marketplace.
o Ensure that all members of the team have the appropriate face-to-face selling skills to successfully do their job.
o Manage performance of team members, identify gap in skills necessary to perform their duties and recommend programmes to meet the skills requirements of the team.
· To oversee general department operations
o Maintain accurate management status reporting on business results, and Team Member action planning.
o Ensure all sales people maintain a personal up-to-date knowledge on all Minor Hotels product and service offerings, including promotions. In addition, to be familiar with the products, services, rates new developments of our key competitors, and an awareness of general industry trends.
o Ensure department operational budget is adhered to including effective cost control and procedures for approval of expenditure
o Participate in client familiarization trips, site inspections, sales trips and roadshows as required to meet the sales targets of the hotel.
o Create and implement packages and promotions for periods of low occupancy
o Liaise effectively with all operational colleagues, providing support and information to ensure accurate delivery of our promise
o Drive opportunities to upsell and cross-sell Minor Hotels products
o Maintain a full working knowledge of the IT support tools used in the world of sales today, including sales-specific software, property PMS, the Microsoft Office toolset
o Ensure that all administration work is processed quickly and efficiently.
HOW YOU CAN SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
Within Minor Hotels, the top-performing people who do this job always demonstrate the following attitude:
- They always project a professional image to maintain and enhance the reputation of the Minor Hotels brand
- They have the ability to plan and prioritise work in order to achieve targets and deadlines
- They can effectively support and supervise other members of the department to achieve business results.
- They have a proven ability to negotiate to achieve a desired outcome.
- They have a proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally using written and spoken English.
- They are highly financially literate, and proficient in business financials
· Working with Others:
- They always try to anticipate and exceed the needs of customers and colleagues
- They use their own initiative and good judgement to solve problems in a calm and efficient way
- They enjoy working with others to achieve common goals. They volunteer as required to ensure the success of the team
- They act with personal professionalism and integrity at all times
· Taking Responsibility:
- They always conduct business honestly and fairly. They keep sensitive information confidential.
- They can prioritise their workload effectively and be organised and structured at work
- They manages their time and pay attention to detail. They know their jobs, and are able to work without close supervision.
- They display a positive attitude, even under pressure. They personally check their work to ensure its accuracy.
· Delivering Results:
- They are committed to meeting and exceeding all performance standards
- They constantly look to develop their own professional skills and abilities
- They perform job tasks in line with established policies and procedures
- They always try to provide a top-quality experience to all our guests.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
• Pro-active, self motivated, loves challenges
• A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant work experience in a 4-5 star Hotel
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to achieve sales targets and work in a highly pressurized environment
• Passion to lead and a desire to succeed
- UAE Market Experience is an advantage
- Single Package
- Aspirant Assistant Director of Sales are welcome to apply