Reservation Agent (Mozambican National)
- Bazaruto Island, Mozambique
- Company Location: Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
- Assist in the effective operation of the Reservations department, to meet the business goals of the hotel.
- Take personal responsibility for driving upselling, achieving set revenue targets by months.
- Be fully aware at all times of the Selling Strategy, rates, packages, groups and booking status of the hotel.
- Process and respond within 24 hours to all reservation requests and inquiries according to company standards.
- Handle daily trace/follow up reports according to departmental requirements.
- Check expected arrivals 1, 3 and 7 days prior according to SOP and reconfirm bookings.
- Maintain effective office administrative procedures within the department that will safeguard and detect double-bookings, non-guaranteed bookings, filing errors and other inaccuracies.
- Understand and apply hotel policies for no-shows, cancellation, credit and pre-payment policies.
- To be up-to-date with current information and data of the hotel product, including room types, rates, relative features and facilities, food and beverage outlets & promotion, spa and health club, and other services and facilities.
- To take personal responsibility for the service and attitude with which our guest service is being delivered, and ensure it meets the highest standard of Minor Hotels at all times.
- To provide assistance and friendly gesture to local representatives of tour operators and travel agencies.
- Taking, amending and cancel reservation details as applicable. Confirming the method of payment. Replying to every request for information within the timeline specified by the hotel
- To attend hotel events, daily shift briefings and training to improve professional skills.
- High school diploma.
- Diploma or Degree in Hospitality, Tourism
- Experience working in sales or public relations, preferably in the hospitality or travel industries.
- Customer-service experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good health, well groomed and with high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times
- Physically strong, energetic and dynamic person with a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control
- Self-motivated, hard-working, sensible, able to work under pressure, pleasant, responsible, independent, initiative, outgoing personality and ability to communicate with people at all levels