Executive Chef (Australians/Residents/Work permit holders only)
- Pokolbin NSW 2320, Australia
- Company Location: Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort
Oaks Hotels, Resorts and Suites is a growing international hotel, resort and suite accommodation provider. Specialising in affordable and convenient stays, Oaks Hotels, Resorts & Suites boasts a portfolio of properties in popular locations throughout Australia, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates and Thailand, with China soon to join the portfolio.
Oaks Hotels, Resorts & Suites offers a unique blend of stylish city hotels in central, sought-after locations and relaxed, resort style properties in picturesque tourist destinations. Accommodating short and extended stays, Oaks Hotels, Resorts & Suites is an affordable option for singles, couples, families and groups alike looking for superior accommodation, friendly service and quality onsite leisure facilities.
At Oaks Hotels & Resorts, we are seeking an Executive Chef to drive and manage the daily kitchen operations and a variety of events held at our property.
Passionate about food. Reliable. Hard-working. Inspiring leader. Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you! We are looking for enthusiastic, creative, and fully qualified chefs who will lead our busy kitchen!
You will ensure that all guests are delighted by the quality, creativity, and variety of our food and beverage offerings in every area of the hotel, and that F&B is regarded as a strong point of differentiation for the hotel in its local market. As Executive Chef you will be responsible for leading the overall kitchen operations of the hotel. You will train and manage kitchen team members, supervise/coordinate all culinary related activities, estimate food consumption and purchase of food, select and develop recipes. Furthermore, you will need to standardize production of dishes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation, technique and quality standards, plan and price menus, ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance, and ensure proper safety and sanitation in the kitchen. You may be required to cook certain dishes for special occasions and will oversee special catering events. The Executive Chef is directly responsible for hiring, people development and performance reviews of the kitchen. Additionally, the Executive Chef will be responsible for driving revenue and ensuring profitable kitchen operations.
To be successful, you must have:
- Working rights in Australia.
- Relevant cookery qualifications (Minimum Cert III Commercial Cookery).
- Experience in cooking a western-style menu. Experience with banquets also advantageous.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related Culinary degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry and culinary management experience.
- Previous experience controlling food and labor costs.
- Previous experience with demonstration cooking, menu development, and pricing development.
- Passion for leadership and teamwork.
- Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive, proactive attitude.
Click here to learn more about Oaks Cypress Lakes.